First Run

SledheadDrew

SledheadDrew
Well took the max for its first run today. Gaylord to Indina River. Just put a used m-10 under it Thursday and boy is my back thankful! The trails were descent in the A.M. but on the way back you could tell they had been riden hard all day.

The sled performed well and made it there and back in one piece. No one broke for that matter so it was a good day.

The only casualty was my old helmet. Kept foggging then freezing so I got mad enough and bought a modular in Indian River. O and that 2001 ZR 600 that caught fire at a stop sign and BURNT to the ground!!!!!!!!!

Got about 60 miles to a tank of fuel which seems ok for the large displacement but does anyone elses sled run on full - 3/4 for a long while but then 3/4 - 1/4 - empty is like 20 miles?

One more question. Do these clutches make a different whistle/whine noise while running about 50mph?? I kept having to open my face shield and was hearing some different/abnormalish noise.

Sounds like fun!

My fuel gauge stays on full for a long time, whizzes down to empty in a hurry, and when it gets to empty, it's still got 2 or 3 gallons left. I gave up on it a long time ago and calculated my gas mileage, reset my trip meter at every fill-up, and use that to determine how many miles I've got left.

I just consider the whistle/whine as sweet music to my ears. I ride with my visor cracked all the time just so I can listen to it.

Shark

Another ditch pickle burnt. Why is it others misfortune is always amusing. First time out I went 60 miles on 8 1/2 gallons of gas. Most people ride from bar to bar. For me it's gas station to gas station. Gage is pretty consistent.

Thanks for the info guys that eases my mind about the noise. Im sure I could have gone a bit further on the fuel I had but why chance it when there is a perfectly good gas station waiting for me to buy some premium!

My buddies know that I have to stop at every gas station, even if they don't. Sometimes they just keep going. They know it doesn't take me long to catch up.

Shark

Back