Fuel Shut off?

tyler540

i just bought a 93, and am really wishing i didnt have a job so i could go tinker with it more.... here is my first question....

am i dumb or does this sled not have a fuel shut off for trailering? when i went to pick it up the guy started it in 2 pulls just fine.... he rode it, then i rode it... then we loaded it up... then we drove about 40 miles home.... we unloaded it and tried to start it but it was real boggy and then shut off with one of the loudest backfires i have ever heard! flooded! pulled the plugs and pulled the rope about 20 times.... put the plugs back in and it was still only running on 2 or 3.... pulled the plugs, pulled the rope, and now its only running on 1 and 2.... changed the plugs on 3 and 4 and !!!!! its fully alive..... i dont think the carbs are dirty but i do plan on cleaning them before i ride again....

my questions are: do you guys ever run into this? am i over looking a fuel shut off somewhere?

it, like all yamahas, is tighter than heck under the hood but i plan on putting some valves somewhere... ive got some real fancy (hehe) remote cable operated ones i could use from a vmax540 if need be

your correct, they don`t have fuel shut off`s...anout the best you can do when trailoring, is leave the gas tank as empty as posible..or add shut off`s..

I had the rear of my sled up on a jack stand while removing and installing the suspension a few yers ago, and it ended up floading out also,,

AL P

Back