Gear Chart

CaptJager

gearchart.jpg

Gearing.jpg

Reading the gear chart and was wondering if a stock 94 with the 24-33 gear had enough stones to reach 125mph on the lake? Or is that more of a job for the 800's.

Last edited:
Quick question? In the gearing chart why is there X`s in certain blocks. Is it ratios that shouldn`T be used due to chain binding or tooth jumping???????????????????

The service manual states "Do not set the gearing to any of the indicated (x) settings." It doesn't explain why. :2dontknow

Shark

Quick question? In the gearing chart why is there X`s in certain blocks. Is it ratios that shouldn`T be used due to chain binding or tooth jumping???????????????????
I think there is not enough length in the lesser linked chain (66) and not enough tension adjustment in the more linked chain (68) to work with the gear combos listed because of the gear diameters difference and the center to center distance constant. So if you could have a 67 link chain maid if should be possible to run the X combos. No binding or teeth jumping issues.

Thanks because i was wondering because i have run those ratios before but i was wondering if i was damaging my chains. I guess everything sould be find.

Thanks again.

I have a 92 vmax-4. Can i use sprockets and a chain from another year ? Will that work on my sled? I see that the 24T - 33T. With the 68L. Will make my sled go faster. I have a stock 20T-33T 66L. So if i get a 24T from another year and keep my 1992.- 33T. And get a 68 Link from a 92 or any year ? Can i do that? Thanks

Back