Good site for Bearings

mjdevries

I don't know if any of you have used this site to get bearings, but it's usually a lot cheaper than the dealers.

www.vxb.com

I just did a comparison on the track drive shaft bearing on a 95 VMAX 4. It is the bearing on the speedometer end of the track drive shaft. From Port Yamaha's site you'd pay $65.92. If you read the numbers off the bearing it is a 62/22RS. On the VXB site you will pay $14.95. So that is a $50 savings on just that 1 bearing!

I bought new bearings from them for all the wheels on my suspension when I rebuilt it.

Here is a link to this specific bearing.
http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit6972

If you cannot read the numbers on your bearing you can measure it and search their site with the ID X OD X Width if you can measure the one you are replacing.

Below is the Port Yamaha Prices. The bearing I cross referenced is Ref# 8 in the list.

Attachments

• PortYamaha.jpg
    PortYamaha.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 88

I just replaced the drive shaft bearings on my 750's and also used VXB. 19.95 for 2 bearings free shipping they had a listing on ebay.

It's always a good idea to try and cross-reference the OEM bearings you could save a bundle, I use Applied Industrial Technologies (Detroit Ball)

I remember getting bearings for cars from Detroit Ball Bearing in Muskegon Heights with my father when I was a kid. I wondered if they were still in business.

Back