Helix's for all vmax 4's

Carllaponte

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys---I have used Schmidt Brothers for a few years now. They do great work. I have had them do everything from, Rebuild front struts, rear shocks, repair TSS Cans, refab sway bars, cut heads, and rebuild clutch's. The owner Chris is a great guy that is very ease to work with. When I was talking with him today he is willing to make helix's for our V4's.....The only issue is he would need an order of 20 for 95 to 97, and or 92 to 94. If he gets an order of 20 for either he will make. He said he can make any angle, but would suggest doing 43/38 for the 92-94 V4's, and 45/39 for the 95-97 V4's. This is just an FYI. I would be willing to buy 1 or 2 for the 95-to 97. If you would like to get either please respond to this thread w/ what you would be willing to commit to. If there is enough interest, I will help out with putting order together. Oh ya---cost is $130.00.

Thanks---Carl

PS---Here's the link for his shop:

http://www.schmidtbrosmotorsports.com/yamaha-vmax-snowmobile/suspension-parts-vx/

those helix angles work well for stock sleds but u want to get seroius launch starts in 660 ft then u need to have more like a 51/43 51/44 but then u will need a bender blue and white secondary spring which has a higher rate than any of yamahas springs in cluding the grey one which i have. the bender blue and white was desinged for rooler rooster secodary which shifts much faster than a stock secondary clutch.the vmax4 has the tourque they will pull a higher helix. u should allso machine ur secondary sheave angles to be true they are .008 to .010 thou out of round this will help to crab belt. i know this i do it it works. if u do not have the higher rate on ur secondary spring it will not grab the belt as well and a lot more slippage will happen as the vmax4 belt is very hard.

Back