HI-TECH Cluth

Smitty

Hello, Im new to the site and new to the vmax 4 class sleds.
I recently picked up a 94 that was set up for drags. He was not the original owner so im kind of in the dark as what I may have. He did tell me it has Wall Drivers, is Clutched, Piped with Stingers and had some motor work done. I took the old gas out got it running and took it around the house. It pulls hard but falls on its face at midrange. Im currently cleaning the carbs but im not finding anything evident there that may cause this. I have 2 left to do tonight. It has Hi-Tech clutching on it. My question is: might my problem be with the clutches and what maintenance is involved to clean them or might they need to be rebuilt. If she still don't shit and get when im done with carbs I was thinking of going into the Clutching.
Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated.
Craig

Hi Smitty,
Congrats on the V4. When cleaning the carbs, make sure you strip them completely and use compressed air and carb cleaner through all the passages and jets. I have seen the screens on the needle and seats assembly get corroded with junk over time. I would be careful that it doesn't lean out too much in the mid range when trouble shooting this.

To me it sounds like carburation, but inspect the clutches for broken springs.

What kind of pipes?

Good luck with the project.

Back