In Michigan, info needed on the Fred Meijer White Pine Trail

overdrive75

Ok, so who knows about this trail, and starting from near Grand Rapids where do you leave truck and trailer and start riding north from. Thanks for the info.

overdrive75 said:
Ok, so who knows about this trail, and starting from near Grand Rapids where do you leave truck and trailer and start riding north from. Thanks for the info.

You have to start at cedar springs, the rest is pavement, and snowmobiles are not allowed, plus its all melted and dry pavement right now. If you take highway 131 north to Cedar springs 17 mile rd exit,
Take a right, go 1.5 miles, You will drive past the trail and on your left you will see the parking area, . You then can ride north as far as you like.
But I was on it last weekend, And it had sections of almost total dirt, I can only guess it would be all dirt now. Some bumps on the trail but not too bad, If you start at Big Rapids, 45 minutes north, the trail has less dirt, but still dirt patches, If you go to Cadillac 1 more hour, I hear, Havent seen for myself, That theres no dirt there yet, trails hard pack. Theres plenty to ride there too. Hope this helps you..

^^Thanks for the info. It's looking like I might not get to ride again. I might have to write this winter off as totally sucks.

Well Dont write it off yet, We have almost 5 inches of new snow on the ground today Sunday, So I'm thinkin of riding this week.. If it continues thru the night we might have 6 to 8 inches, I will keep you informed.
If you come up this way let me know, I am always in need of some on to ride with..

^^That would be cool please let me know. Thanks, I am hoping to get out on Saturday, but I may just have to take a day off work this week.

Yes!!! We have snow.. and lots about 8 inches this morning... Heavy good packing snow. I am thinking about taking a day off this week also,
The trail should have planty of snow on it now.

^^Thanks for the info. Yeah I want to get out riding fiance can't go till Saturday though. I hope it holds. Also I might be up for a day off work this week. DV8 what type of riding do you do? I am not an aggressive rider, more laid back? I might take you up on that offer as I will not ride alone.

Up for anything, I ride pretty normal, enjoy the scenery mostly I like to get on it on the straights a little.. I dont like riding alone either.
MAybe friday, My week kinda filled up on me, I knew I should have called in today...

^^Looks like once again Michigan weather is letting me down. Doesn't today doesn't look good for tomorrow or Saturday. Oh well.

It really weird here, Freezing rain for 5 minutes, then lightening and thunder, w/ normal rain. And 10 minutes later its snowing.. Back to freezing rain.. Who knows what we'll have this weekend.

Well we got snow a lot in some places, I had 5 foot drifts in my backyard.
I got the SRX out and the track crapped out, So I spent saturday in the garage putting a new track on.. Hopefully going to ride today. Did you make up this way??

^^No I didn't make it out that way. I did manage to go in circles in Island Lake St. Park near my house in a 3-4 acre meadow. I do have to figure out my ratching problem.

Back