info

bearcat570

I am looking at buying one of these machines. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with info. I was told this is the place to come.

were there any know reliability issues or recalls on these machines.

I know it doesn't have the same capabilities as the current mountain hardware when it comes to flotation boondocking etc. I'm looking for more of a lake racer do you think I will be happy.

I know current mountain machines are geared way lower than short tracks. That wasn't neccessarily the case in 1996. is this machine geared lower than the short track.

will it compete top end with the short track what could i expect for top end.

Has anyone run these machines stock vs a stock srx 2000 or newer. what about a stock srx 600 1999. what about a stock f7. how did it compete with machines of its generation the mach storm zrt 8 tcat.

bearcat570 said:
I am looking at buying one of these machines. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with info. I was told this is the place to come.

1. were there any know reliability issues or recalls on these machines.

I know it doesn't have the same capabilities as the current mountain hardware when it comes to flotation boondocking etc. 2. I'm looking for more of a lake racer do you think I will be happy.

I know current mountain machines are geared way lower than short tracks. 3.That wasn't neccessarily the case in 1996. is this machine geared lower than the short track.

4. will it compete top end with the short track what could i expect for top end.

5. Has anyone run these machines stock vs a stock srx 2000 or newer. what about a stock srx 600 1999. what about a stock f7. how did it compete with machines of its generation the mach storm zrt 8 tcat.

1. 800´s are pretty much bullet proof when serviced right. Old stuff like theese sleds need to be looked after though. But there were no known serious issues with theese sleds.

2. well, last year I beat 1000 SDI Mach´s (look for the Muhos speedrun topic at Racing section, I ran 104 + mph with the stock gearing and track) on a local speedrun, SRX 7´s are pretty much equal as well as F7´s. When tuned equally good Mach, ZRT8 and Tcat are in the same leaque. Even I call it. Tcat probably has little more top end speed though.

3. One tooth difference on the ST and the 121´inch.

4. number 2 .

5. My brother´s SRX 700 ´00 had small advantage out of the hole last spring. He has the 1,25 inch IceRipper track on it. Back the I had the stock Yokohama on my sled. Top speed wise we are tied (I have the ST 136 inch). Same goes for the F7. Or ´03 atleast (the hot one)

Hope this helps!

Ask away if you need more.

Ike

bearcat570 said:
thanks big help. you don't know the difference in gearing in the st and the mountain max do you?

ST is the MountainMax. Same sled.

Ike

Back