Intermittent ignition VX750

MaxMaus

Getting really fed up with this! Really need some help.

The engine has been running for max 30 hours. Starts like a charm, pulls good and revs around 9K. The sled is not an wreck and in overall great shape.

Completely rebuilt engine, all new replaced parts Yamaha OEM. Bender 90 degree CDI and Bender trail pipes everything else is stock. Perfect compression. Crank correctly indexed and welded, new bearings and gaskets, new reeds ands so on. No leaks, fuel or air. Coils, spark plug wires, plug caps and stator are all correct when measured. Carbs have been cleaned and gone through thoroughly and adjusted. Checked wiring and connectors. TORS switches work and TORS has been bypassed. No change!

Engine loose firing and misses intermittent. Hot or cold does not matter. Does not matter if the plugs are new or not. If the engine is turned off and started immediately afterwards it runs as it should. Sometimes it starts misfiring immediately, sometimes after 10 secs, sometimes after 20-30 minutes.

Do somebody with Vmax-4 experience have any advise?

See video link:

https://youtu.be/XGOlzJCYdIk

Thanks!!

/Magnus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Or Stator?

I measured the stator at the connectors and all readings where good. Is the stator known for intermittent problems? I have gotten hold of a used -94 stator that I will try.

So it looks like the Bender CDI has given up. Any suggestion on brand and type of CDI to look for?

I'll guess that today there are bettter CDI s around than he Bender one.

Ok, thanks! Are there any other diffrences between a stock 800 CDI and Bender and RPC than the rev limitier? Diffrences in timing curve? I read somewhere that with the stock 800 CDI the grip heaters wont work.

Last edited:

Back