Jetting

AL P

you can use these as long as you know a base line for your sled...so for example..if you know, that your sled has a good mix at say 15F with 143.8`s..then put your jet size in the 1.00 slot, and make the -40, 15F..
then just go up, or down however many number changes it shows for a given temp or altitude change..
hope that explanation made sence..

Basicaly, you would go down roughly two/three numbers for every 1000ft altitude, and up two/three numbers for every 20F change..(20F colder)...this would just be a base line, and would need fine tuned...

jettingchart2.jpg

jettingchart.jpg

this chart is for a differant carb then what our vmax4`s use..but somewhat close...our vmax4`s, have fuel screws, not "air screws", but other wise, they give ya a good idea..

jetchart.jpg

Al P

Vmax4 carbs have a fuel screw.. what does the fuel screw adjust? low, mid or high-range? Curious because im in the process of running through my carbs for the first time since the previous owner to check them over..
i went down with my mains to 135's rather than the fat, stock 140's.
I noticed that my fuel screws are not adjusted equally, theyr all different..

Do you happen to know how many turns out they were stock for the 93' s ?

Thanks in advance for the help! : )

Dillon

well they never really stop sending fuel in the mix, but I think their primary effect is at idle, and lower rpms....unlike "air" screws, the screws on our vmax 4 carbs, regulate actuall fuel flow..so out adds fuel, and in cuts down fuel...(in/lean..out/rich)...I`m not sure what the stock setting on the 92`s were...1.5 I think..but don`t quote me on that..

just to add...when/if you reset them, and start with them all the way in to do you count/out, just lightly thread them in until they just barely stop/touch..they have a very pointy/thin tips, that can easily get scored by the carbs bore if you crank them in too tight..

okay, thanks Al P for your time i really appreciate it! : )
gonna putz with the fuel screws tonight hopefully, our trails open friday so im anxious! :D

Thanks again!
Dillon

Back