Looking at 92 V4 with twin PSI pipes?

bluebullet

I am looking at possible buy of a 1992 VMAX 4 750. Sled is in good condition and runs well. Has PSI twin pipes? reliable? What do you guys think? It will be used only for fun, grass drags or lake running? some trail riding but mostly just to have........

A 92 has less HP than 93 and up, the stock rear suspension is not as adjustable for weight transfer, depends on the price he is asking I guess.

Fixerman, sled price is 1100.00 . I am more concerned about PSI pipes than anything else. Had a 95 Vmax 600 and 570 exciter with them and popped pistons a couple times. Not good for trail riding but worked well for drag racing. I understand the suspension issues but am looking at it for a just to have to rip around once in a while. Some clean up and she will be a good show piece.

If the sled is in that nice of shape, I feel $1100 is a good price. if your concerned about the pipes, take them off and make a couple hundred dollars and put the 750 pipes back on.

From what I understand the PSI twins are similar the the stock 800 twins so as long as you are jetted correctly you should be fine.

rules - Yes, what rules just said. Rules, glad you read every word. I guess I just read way too fast and skipped the important part about they are twins!

Back