Main jet size for '93 vmax4

rustman

Hey just wondering what main jet size is std in this sled. I have found conflicting information. The service manual i d/l'ed from here (thanks very much) says 140's but when I check parts fiches online they are telling me 135. I added aaen quads to my sled and am wondering what to put in it for main jets. Most likely I should just pull the mains out and see what size they are, next question, how can I tell what size they are when I pull them out. Do I need a way of measuring them or will it be stamped on them somewhere?

My manual states: Main Jet #140, Pilot Jet #45, Pilot Screw 2 turns out. You will be able to read the sizes on the jet itself, it is stamped on them. To be sure you should ask other members who are running those quads what jets they are running along with what altitude the are operating at. Also a member might have a set-up sheet for those quads, if not I would try calling them if you can.

BWS

Hey just pulled out the main jets, they are 135's. I also added a set of Boyesen dual stage power reeds while I had the carbs off. From what I've read these reeds tend to make the engine run a little rich, but with the aaen's I've added I think I will still have to up my main jet size. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Back