Michigan Lake Racers Beware

Master of Faster

From the shadowy depths of my lair, a new monster is being born.

Noone is safe.... muahahahaha :muahaha:

rxmotor001.jpg

rxmotor004.jpg

rxmotor005.jpg

rxmotor006.jpg

Last edited:

Where's that motor going? In a V4.. That'd be sick.. And sound cool.. OR, are you making a turbo, with nitrous, that runs 100 lo-lead?

MOF I'm not saying this is what you're doing just because I saw a pic of the cams but have you heard of guys running the apex cams in the RX? I guess its a more aggressive lobe and thats all I've heard just wondering if you know more.

I had never seen a 4 stroker appart before. Keep those pics comming as you go along with your new monster is being born.

This isn't my motor, just one I'm working on right now.

I've heard as well that the Apex cams are slightly different, they have more valve overlap which isn't as good for turbocharging, hehe

I will post pics of the finished product by the middle of next week.

How much are you going to charge for a haircut and "blowdry" out on the lake!!!!!!:urock:

Master of Faster said:
5 dollars per psi of "blowdry" with a limit of 14 at first, lol

I just hope the weather turns around soon...

Jst a light whistle in the wind, la laa.. just a light whistle in the turbo, la la...! LOL
Ike

Thought I should update this post. Sled is finally dialed in. Took me awhile I admit, these are not easy beasts to tame. Took it the 145mph on the speedo this Sunday in full trail form, 1.25" track with 192 studs. It wasn't tapped yet and I have no doubt that when I strap it down and put the speed track in it it will got 150's on the speedo no problem which should hopefully translate the mid 130's on radar.

These things are alot of fun.

winter06008.jpg

Very nice. :rockon: Now you need a custom seat with a big hole in it for your balls because obviously they're huge to be riding that monster!:eek: :eek: Is this sled going to be strictly for lake racing, or will you be able to run it on asphalt? (Mid-Michigan Motorplex, maybe?)
Shark

Still a trail sled, ride it all day pull up to the gas pump and fill with premium, 240hp. Still gets 13mpg.

Take it to the lake with a chisel track and some race fuel, flip a switch and ya got 275hp.

It is going to be making a trip to the Mid-Mich motorplex this summer. I will deffinitely let everybody know in case they're interested in coming and watching. Should have no-problem running low 9's, possibly high 8's once tuned in.

It is surprisingly easy to ride, it isn't really peaky or jerky like you would expect, its just as smooth as the day it left the factory, just... faster. lol

Makes me want to put a turbo on the Vmax-4 now that I've got a little experience with em.

Back