New here and need advice

Jester

Hey gang. Just bought myself a V-max 4 and the previous owner said this was the place to be if I had any questions. I love the machine. My first snowmobile. However. It is burning awfully rich. Are there mixture screws that can be adjusted?

Welcome to the site! :schild27::schild27::schild27:

Tell us a little more about your sled. What year, any modifications that you know of, etc.

You can download the service manual from the sticky on the General Questions page.

Shark

Not a great sled to idle much. might seem rich until you get it moving but best to check the jetting and make sure the carbs are super clean. New fuel lines and fuel pump pulse hoses are a good idea too. All the help and info you will ever need is here.

Hey Gang thanks. It's a 95 750. m10 suspension and some wicked aftermarket exhaust. That's all the mods I know of. I'll try and get some pics up soon. Anywhere in the B.C. lowermainland that's good go hit up for some runs? Everywhere has snow but I know alot of places don't allow sleds.

If it truly is a 95, it is not a 750. It will be an 800 unless someone replaced the motor with one from a 750. What is the serial number of your machine? That will tell for sure what you have. It is located on the right hand side of the tunnel, up front. Pretty easy to find. Let us know what it is.

and/or look on the side of the cylinder/s..should show the CC number (which will not be an exact "750" or "800"..but fairly close to one or the other)..

Back