New vmax4 owner/member

debaser

Hey folks.
Have become a proud vmax 4 owner. so i had to register here for future questions to get nice setup. you got the skills on this machine.

Love my warrior -07, but always wanted a vmax 4. so now i have a 97 years model in my backyard.

Have a sore spot for 4 cylinders machines.

Gonna check out the engine this weekend to see what shape its in.
Quite many miles on the spedo but have a nice cylinder compression(128psi)

The plan is just to have a nice lake racer, so im gonna start with putting on some studs. How long studs should/can i get on this machine? got a 1.25 inch track.
Im also gonna try to find some quads but thats seems tricky to find.

Gonna check my #... seems like ppl around here are quite curious how many 97;s where made

and finally,,, yeah i know my English isn’t topnotch. :flagge_sc

Congradultations on your purchase. Check the W bar in the front of the rear suspension for cracks. Yami did an update on them and beefed it up on the replacements. Make sure your spark plug holders in the hood are facing up into the cowl so they don't rub on the coils.:cussing:

My 97 was this way and so was the 95 I picked up this year.

Welcome,Two stroke is the general language spoke here so don't sweat it.
Debaser,Pixies fan?:rockon:

Ty guys.
Gonna look at my coils and suspension.
Yamahas always seems to crack in the w bar...even in the mono "they" did some reinforcements , guess ppl pounding them to hard.

Gonna check my jetting if its original or not., on several forums ppl saying its runs really fat (drowning hp:s). Seen some posts bout that here to.
What you guys think? should i live with it or go down? Of course i don't wanna give it anorexia and slowly kill my precious.
But if i could get better fuel milage i would surley take it. Whats ok to run at?

Ive seen many post full of great clutch tuning tips. Im sure have to get some fresh rolls for it, so i guess i change some stuff when im in there.

This site is like a goldmine.

yes BUBS SRX
Sure i like Pixies,Debaser is a awesome tune that always get me going.

Heya folks.
Just checked the exhaust. its not orginal.. i think the pipes are original.. but the last part(whatever its called in english) is diffrent.
homemade or anyone recognize it?

¨

Back