Nitrous

Ted

Vmax-4 Collector
Has anyone has run nitrous on their sled, been considering a setup. Any info. Appreciated.

I ran it on a zrt 600 asphalt sled. pretty fun. I had a wet system always go one more step on your fuel jet then what chart says.

I just installed a wet system from Straighline Performance on my Nytro. If all goes well, and it probably will, I plan on putting one on the VMAX4. Can't wait for the snow to try it out!

Nytrozula what did you have to do with the clutching on your Nytro? whats the spring differences etc etc

Just trying to figure what you would have to do with vmax4

Thanks

Nitrozola is having straight line design a custom set up for his 96. He's really going to piss my neighbors off this winter. They already do not Appriciate his modblasters.

With the nitrous setup I am using on my Nytro, 45hp nozzles, I don't have to do anything with the clutching. I spoke with Jason at Straightline Performance and he told me that the NOS set I am using will provide a 600rpm gain so it is not enough to warrant a clutch mod since it is still within the rev limiter. As far as teh fule pump is concerned, again, this setup works on a stock sled. No fuel pump or fuel programmer necessary. This is a wet system so it provides its own fuel. I tapped into the fuel line with a T fitting. When you push the button, it activates a solenoid that allows the fuel and NOS to flow! There are no other mods necessary which is the beauty of this setup. For $810(complete kit), I have an extra 45 hp at the tip of my finger ready to explode at teh push of a button. Now for another $250, I can install bigger nozzles that will provide more NOS and thus more HP! I'm sure I'll be buying those later but taking baby steps right now. If I like how the NOS works on the Nytro, I am going to work with Jason on a setup for the VMAX4. I've attached a document from Straightline that talks a bit about their setup.

Attachments

• Nitrous Explained Page (2).pdf
    136 KB · Views: 28
Here is so more info! The installation was fairly simple. That's saying a lot for me. Carl can testify to that! I needed him to change my track!

FYI.....The kits from Straightline are custom made for each model of sled so teh Nytro NOS cannot be used on the VMAX4.

Attachments

• 164-101.pdf
    321.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I am a fogger nozzle guy myself. Buy a Nitrous Express kit for a motorcycle, kitty kat fuel tank for race fuel at 32:1, Holly blue pump 6PSI and a motorcycle battery to power it. It should be operate completely separate from the engine. My mild tune is 80hp! ONLY spray it out of the hole. When you try to spray it while rolling down the lake the clutches will screw you up trying to back shift and most of the time it will sneeze and pop.
My T-cat has 120HP shot on top of a 1132 for the trail! It puts a big smile on your face on the hit!

We sprayed our 800 based pro stock with a 150 shot already made 200 on top of that ran good, hand to spray it at the 150 ft mark otherwise we would leave studs all over the ice lol.

Back