Open Race Pipes FS

Marco

One of three sets which were blown, not sectioned. Apparently, these pipes were manufactured in Europe. As I understand it, these pipes were designed by a gentleman named Darcey Rosentreter, for a real fast racer named Gary Querel.

Regardless of the history, they have proven to be "the best down track pipes" we ever put on a race VMAX-4.

We have had them ALL, over the years. ALL OF THEM were sold years ago. We kept these pipes and only these pipes for years, in storage...because they are the BEST!

I'm way past the sled racing days and too old to care about keeping them any longer.

I don't know Darcy, have spoken to Gary a few times back in the late 90s but i will absolutely claim these guy's are the best ever, at making VMAX-4 pipes that simple put down numbers!

Forget dyno wars...don't care how many HPs you say your VMAX made on the dyno. We made those big numbers too, with other pipes. These pipes kicked all of them in the ass on the track, with an official pass at Lebanon Valley Dragway in NY of 9.17 and an unofficial, one time pass of 8.98 in testing. That's pretty quick for an 800 (Wahl chassis, open sled)! I'd say probably the quickest passes ever for a normally aspirated 800, on gasoline.

I have no dog in the sled racing hunt, anymore. These pipes flat out work. They are CONSISTENT as hell, from pass to pass. They are also the least finicky to changes in air and race conditions. They were a joy to work with on race day and that is worth gold!

The person who gets these pipes will definitely be glad they did!

I have the original set, as built...never been cut or modified in any manner.

I have a second set which were copies of the originals but built to fit into a 1998-2003 Yamaha SRX700 belly pan, under a closed factory hood. I have a motor mount plate which goes with the SRX copy set, which facilitates the retrofit of the VMAX4 engine, into an altered SRX700 chassis sled. Super cool!

Original blown pipes asking 1500.00 for the set.

SRX700 set go for 1250.00, with the motor plate included.

Thanks,

Mark.
518-894-1059

Back