Phaser and exciter

Ted

Vmax-4 Collector
Have any of you guys ever owned a phaser or a excitor I have a friend looking on craigslist for a good reliable cheap trail sled any information is appreciated.

I've got a '90 Exciter. Bought it brand new, still have it. It was a good trail sled, plenty of power, reliable. I rode that until I got my Vmax-4. After that, the Exciter seemed a little high and "tipsy" in the turns. I also noticed the wind coming over the hood and under the shield in front of the handlebars, where I hadn't really noticed it before. My wife rode it for years, but it was too heavy for her, and the throttle was so far from the handlebars that it hurt her thumb. I bought her an '88 Phazer Deluxe. She was able to handle that much better. Like the Exciter, it was reliable and still has enough power to make it fun on the trails. I didn't stud the track on either machine because she likes to "drift". Your friend won't go wrong buying either sled. The Exciter is bigger with more power, but more difficult to handle loading it on the trailer or if you get stuck on the trail. The Phaser still has plenty of pep in a smaller, lighter package that's easy to throw around.

Shark

Back