Phazer rebuild. Just finished

Dennis

Banned
At last i am getting to a end rebuilding "little brother" the phazer II from 96' I got it for free last year. engine was toast, and handlebar,+all included was missing.
I changed all steering bushings, all bearings, chaincase included+ seals. Bought a used engine, and mounted a xtra 10 suspension, and a new ripsaw 1,5" track.
I also got a aaen pipe for free, carbs updated for pipe. This pipe works!

I Just finished painting it. I repair/paint cars for a living, but it is my first projekt with a airbrush. It was supposed to be a true blue flame job, but i messed up a little when i added flakes. And the flames could be better, but i am still on experimental stadium. I didn't know that type of flakes would be that dominant in colours
But in all, i am satisfied with it.

It only need new hotgrips and a few details, before it is ready for many more miles.

Next paint projekt is the vmax. I have practiced on true fire colours, and i think i am ready now. but no flakes on this one. The vmax really need some new paint too.

I almost forgot:
I took it out for a test drive yesterday, and did a bit hillclimbing . drove about 15 miles. and when i got back and looked everything trough, i noticed my chaincase was extremly hot, because of the pipe next to it. i could'nt hold my hand on chaincase. the pipe is getting really hot when you let the engine work hard.

Is it okay chaincase is getting that hot?

Attachments

• IMG_4280.jpg
    IMG_4280.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4278.jpg
    IMG_4278.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4279.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4282.jpg
    IMG_4282.jpg