Pro Stock sled on ESPN2

mark the shark

Staff member
I don't know how many of you guys watch the NHRA on ESPN2, (I do religiously), but the race was at Brainerd, Minnesota this past weekend and they had a feature on a ProStock sled. It was just a short clip, but it was nice to see sleds featured on national TV. It will be rebroadcast on August 18 at 3:00a.m.
Shark

BRAKES, I MIGHT BE WRONG, BUT SEEMS TOO ME BELLMAN IS A 1000 cc !! I DO KNOW NHRA AS 1000 cc ENGINE SIZE LIMIT ON TAR. !! 3:16 (tony)

NSDRA (the organization that was racing at Brainerd in conjunction with NHRA) is a 1000cc limit. Virtually a Pro Stock 1000 asphalt drag class.

I'm pretty sure Grubnic said it was 1000cc, 270HP.:eek: :eek: :eek:
Srxspec - Thanks for the NSDRA post. I was trying to read the sticker on the front of the machine so I could Google it and find out more info. Are they replacing the MSDRA at the NHRA events this year? Last year the MSDRA was at the NHRA divisional race in Stanton, Mich. I don't see much information on the MSDRA this year.
I'll be over by Martin camping in Holland this weekend. Maybe I'll give the wife some money to go shopping and I'll sneak down to the races!:rockon:
Shark

Now that I've checked out their website a little more, I see that they did sponsor the races in Stanton this year. I wasn't able to make that one because I was on vacation.
There's even some video links at the bottom of the page, and they give some of the specs for the ProStock sleds.

Last edited:
Let me ask you some thing,Simmons RX-1 is 1000cc out of the box, Then he puts in a massive turbo helped out by a world class nitrous system, Do you think he keeps that at a stock bore?

CPR STILL RUNS THE 998cc STOCK cc. SHURE THIS MOTOR IS BEEFED OF CORSE, BUT THEY MUST STAY IN CC LIMIT. SECOND THE RX-1 IS SOLD TOO GENREAL PUBLIC. IF HE RUNS THIS UNDER NHRA RULES, YES ITS STOCK BORE. TURBO,s AND NOS ARE LEGAL. ALL SAFTEY EQUITMENT IS ALSO CONSIDERED. BRAKES, ALL YA NEED IS A NHRA RULEBOOK. THEIR IS A SECTION JUST FOR SNOWMOBILES. NOW YOUR ANY ENGINE SIZE LIMIT IS IHRA RULES, BUT MUST BE STOCK APPEARING. NO OPEN MODS ALLOWED AND THEIR IS A WEIGHT LIMIT. NHRA IS WAY MORE STRICT THAN IHRA!! 3:16 (tony)

Thats a fact!!! This weekend they are running a 800cc class with no power aides at Martin,now I'd LOVE to see who's going monitor that.As for any other track I've been to there tech inspection has been lousy to say the least,ain't nobody cc'd any motors that I'd ever seen.I would like to see it though.

There is no cc limit in either NHRA or IHRA. There are two organizations that run NHRA/IHRA rules with a cc limit and a weight limit. NSDRA (www.nsdra.org) is 1000cc maximum two strokes weighing in at 650 lbs minimum. They have their own snowmobile tech man who travels with them and techs the sleds. It's pretty much a Pro Stock 1000 class for the asphalt. The National Speed Association (www.nationalspeedassociation.com) runs a 1500cc maximum two strokes and they do all their own tech as well. They have a weight break system that evens out everything from 1000cc to 1500cc. Otherwise it is very much like a Pro Stock 1000 asphalt class as well.

NSA's weight break setup:
3 cylinder 2-stroke, 1000cc = 650 lbs
4 cylinder 2-stroke, 1000cc = 675 lbs
4-stroke up to 1250cc = 650 lbs
1020+cc's 2-stroke = 750 lbs

Simons CPR's turbo sled isn't legal at either one of these organizations race series. He is only legal at Quick 16 "Run What Ya Brung" events. His sled is actually a stock bore though, but it does have a 4mm stroker crank!!

The Martin MI event is put on by NSDRA with a few extra classes. A Quick 16 for NOS/Turbo Sleds, a Quick 16 for Pro Stock Naturally Aspirated sleds, a Pro Stock 800 shoot out, and bracket races. I'm sure the 800 class will be monitored by Jamie Bellman. A simple bore & stroke check will tell if it's over 800 cc's and I'm sure if it comes into question it will be checked.

The races that were on ESPN2 were from the NSDRA series. 1000cc's max at 650 lbs with the rider.

Last edited:
ACORDING TOO THE NHRA RULEBOOK IN MY HAND. 1000 cc LIMIT. BUT THERE ALSO IS DEFFERENT RULES FOR 4 STROKES. AGAIN ITS ALL IN WHAT SATIONING BODY IS RUNNING THE RULES. OUR TRACK IS IHRA AND THEY CHECK FOR SAFETY STUFF MORE THAN ANYTHING. BESIDES YOUR RUNNING BRACKET WITH BIKES. GUESS ALL TRACKS AND RULES ARE DEFFERENT. 3:16 (tony)
brakes, just finshed ski,S TODAY. LOOK LIKE NEW!!!

The safety items are mostly looked at, but the Hills race is at a NHRA track I believe and we both know more than 1000cc sleds raced there.

1000cc SRX is in progress for the asphalt next season :4fzfk2:

Back