PSI quads 800?

buickboy92

Im looking at a set of PSI pipes off of an 800 vmax 4. i have a 750 can i run these pipes on it or not or will it run like crap?

New to the site!:2fingersc

the 800 pipes were shortened on the header area..reason is because the higher rpm 800 motor..it`s a timed deal, to where the sound/echo waves/charge returns to the motor at a certain time...the 800 is recomended to run at higher rpms, and due to design, can do so safely...hence the shorter header of the 800 PSI pipes..so, basicaly, if you hope to have the 800 pipes work anywhere near how good they do on an 800, being used on a 750, you`d have to run your 750 at the recomended rpms for an 800 with PSI pipes..

Not sure how that would work out, Surely, you`d have to weld the crank at the very least..i would think..

Here`s an artical I cut and pasted..

"The length of the front cone and its distance from the cylinder (header length) determines the amount of time that the pressure reducing wave from the exhaust does it work in emptying the cylinder of exhaust gas and then assisting the fresh mixture up from the crankcase into the cylinder. If header is too short then the wave energy from the front cone is wasted because the negative wave ( the ‘suck’) arrives at the exhaust port while the cylinder pressure is still high after combustion. It should arrive there when the pressure in the cylinder is low but there are still exhaust gases that need to be extracted. If the header length is too long then the wave is arriving later than optimum and the exhaust gases are not fully removed from the cylinder. The front cone needs to be long enough to generate a wave to help the fresh mixture into the cylinder but it also needs to continue working long enough to allow some fresh mixture into the first part of the header. This is the mixture which will be forced back into the cylinder. If it is too short, then it does not allow mixture into the header. If its too long, then it reduces the length of the rear cone and that needs to be long enough to force all of the unburnt mixture in the header to be forced back into the cylinder. The pressure wave continues into the rear cone and immediately sends a positive pressure wave (laws of physics!) back down the tuned pipe towards the exhaust port forcing the unburnt fresh mixture back into the cylinder. The strength of the wave increases as the rear cone gets smaller and the length is made so that the returning pressure wave from its very end at the junction with the stinger coincides with the point of exhaust port closure. When this most critical length (start of stinger to exhaust port) is correct, then maximum power is achieved. If this critical length is too short then the returning wave forces hot gases back into the cylinder, dramatically increasing cylinder combustion temperatures. If this length is too long the maximum power will not be achieved because maximum supercharging or cylinder filling will not occur, although power in the corners will be better because the tuned length will coincide more with the reduced rpm in the corners. "..

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
J/K Amazing where you guys find this info

LOL...
check out this pic..LOL
fcpapl1f8qanfpb.gif

i Live in Bay City MI i just called that guy you posted about 750 PSI quad pipes he still has them and i think im gonna get them

That`s cool man..hope it works out for ya..

where abouts do you ride? you ever go up north anywhere?
I`m dreaming of making it to houghton lake on about the 22nd/23rd...but that`s VERY iffy...
my sled is not even back together yet, which I`m not real worried about, as its only gonna take a few days to put it back together, but the money issue is whats gonna make, or break my hopes of making it to houghton lake..

anyway, just wondering..

AL P

Last edited:
yea we do alot of riding in the grayling gaylord area i just went up wedensday and the trails were nice and the were out grooming

yea we do alot of riding in the grayling gaylord area i just went up wedensday and the trails were nice and the were out grooming

Welcome to the site and shoot me a PM the next time you are up my way - I live real close to the Blue Bear trail.

Back