Rear skid help

Is there any simple way to get just a couple more inches of height out of the rear end of a 92 vmax 4??

also, what is the recommended stud length most commonly used on the vmax 4's. My sled has a brand new 1" lug track but to me there is next to no room between the track and the tunnel, but yet I see that tons of guys have studded tracks?? what gives? is a 1 inch track to much lug for the stock skid?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Jeremy

the only way your going to get a couple more inches is to swap out your skid if it is a stock max skid. as for studs in a 1 inch track id say run a 1.325 inch stud with cooler protecters. i have seen post listing the part numbers for the protecters. on second look guys found the protectors on ebay,

I recommed not longer than 1.180 which is not alot of bite but have let marks in my coolers with this size and proper pertectors.... just my opion

I have always run 1.325 studs in all my max 4's without a problem. Both with stock suspension and others.
If you want more height out of your rear skid, you have three options:
1)crank those springs up tight
2)make or buy drop brackets
3)suspension swap
I do not recommend options 1 and 2. They are cheap ways to make it look taller, but do nothing but hurt the sleds handling, which we all know is bad enough with the stock rear skid. They give you absolutely no extra travel or better ride characteristics, and put more pressure on the skis, making them even harder to turn than they already are.
Though a suspension swap may be more expensive and time consuming, it is the only thing that will give you the higher look you want without absolutely killing your back. Pretty much anything is better than our stock skid, and is always the first thing I do to a new max4 i buy.
My favorite skid so far is yamaha's proactive skid. Strong, easy to tune, rides incredible, handles bumps like a champ, and has an immense amount of transfer. Not to mention it was made for the 4strokes so its already designed to handle our heavy fronts.
136" SC3 wasn't a bad swap either, and monoshocks are a great ride and lightweight, but expensive.
Your choice

Back