Replacement Jet Parts

Kobylash

Hi, I'm new to snowmobiles and I just picked up a 92 Vmax-4 750 and have been really enjoying cleaning it up and learning about.

Before I tear my carbs apart to check if I still have the 140 main and 50 pilots I'd like to have the correct ones ready to put in (135 and 47.5), but finding the OEM parts is proving difficult. So my question is are there alternate parts for the jets? Generic Mikuni parts? Something else?

Thanks in advance!

Those are incorrect. Tip is too big. You are looking for VM28/486 type. But honestly 50’s won’t hurt a bit. But entirely up to you.

Those are incorrect. Tip is too big. You are looking for VM28/486 type. But honestly 50’s won’t hurt a bit. But entirely up to you.
Thanks for the correction! I was comparing pictures with the OEM part and the 2 and 2.5mm look identical. I figured I’d do the pilots while I’ve got the carbs out, thinking it might (unlikely) cut down some of the smog when the machine is cold.

I’ve ordered the wrong ones before. They look extremely close. I’m not sure how much you’ll cut down on 2 smoke exhaust but maybe? Lol.

Welcome. My first sled was also a Vmax-4 good choice! No need to play around with under powered sleds just be careful. What altitude and temps will you be riding in?

Back