RPC ignition box

kyle4q

Finally found a set of quad pipes for my 800 this week. As I was talking with the guy I noticed he had a RPC cdi unit also. Don't know much about them but I picked it up for a resonable price. He had an extra chip that went with it also. Question is,are they an improvement over stock and is the extra chip for a different firing ratio? Or did I just waste 100 bucks?!!

kyle4q. If the pipes and cdi are for a 750, they will hinder the performance of the 800 as the pipe inlets are smaller. You also need to know if the cdi is 90 degree or 180 degree firing. If the pipes are for a 750, you MUST weld the crank gears, jet the carbs accordingley, and clutch accordingley. Hope this helps and didn,t give you an ulser...Rob.

Thanks for the response guys,no ulser yet Rob but you got me thinking. I have a 96 800 so I hope the pipes still work out (AAEN) ,called aaen the other day, the gal that answered said they would work on either the 750 or 800. Chime in here guys is this true or false. As far as the CDI ,I guess if it's worth what I paid for it I'll offer it to the membership first for offers $100 start,don't know what their worth?(You can let me know if I'm way off.)

Thanks for the response guys,no ulser yet Rob but you got me thinking. I have a 96 800 so I hope the pipes still work out (AAEN) ,called aaen the other day, the gal that answered said they would work on either the 750 or 800. Chime in here guys is this true or false. As far as the CDI ,I guess if it's worth what I paid for it I'll offer it to the membership first for offers $100 start,don't know what their worth?(You can let me know if I'm way off.)

I would like to buy that box from you if you don"t need it. Our motors fire at 180* so I can't use an 800 cdi. PM me with a price if you decide to sell it. Thank you

Does the CDI box have a round or oval shaped plug on it? That will help decide if it is for a 750 or an 800. I may be interested if it fits a 750. Let us know, Thanks, Jeff Wurl

Back