rx-1 vs apex

Not much. The apex only has 5 horsepower more. I think its a couple pounds heavier then the RX-1 to. So, it would be really close.

Apex is LIGHTER than RX-1, expecially the 03's. They are also make a solid 9hp more than RX due to a redesigned head and lighter crank, its not the FI making the extra power.

From what I've been told by the people who've rode the Apex's on the snow is that the power is comparable to an ECP kitted RX-1, so they run good. For any RX owners out there that are still running stock airboxs you guys are missing out BIG time.

I rode an 05 rx1 and an apex er back to back, the apex was faster. not the hp, but how much faster it uses it. revs MUCH faster, snaps instantly, and just plain pulls longer and a lot harder. the handling and ride makes the sweet 05 rx feel way out of date. I loved the 05, and the apex made me forget about it. it was that nice, imho

SAW A APPEX RUN TODAY, VERY STRONG. DID SEE IT GO 0-2 AGAINST 03 F7!! HAD NOTHING FOR MY VMAX 4, BUT STILL LOOKED GOOD. !! 3:16 (tony)

RX-1 have about 138-142 hp. The new Apex,s dynoed at 153. Different cam with more overlap makes the biggest diff.

How much could I get a blown APEX or RX-1, RX warrior, ETC... motor for?

In other words, how much would a 4 Stroke, 4 cylinder YAMAHA motor be?

Back