Samueljackson´s SRV and Vmax540

Ike

SRV is restored to -85. Runs really smooth and fast. Here some things what it has:

- 551 cm3 big bore
- Öhlins shocks front and rear
- 03 RX plastic ski´s

Vmax540 is original -84. Still in the middle of restoring. Needs lot of work to shine, but runs really strong!:sheep

Ike

Attachments

• Vanhat_2 (Small).JPG
    Vanhat_2 (Small).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 79
  • SR-V (Small).JPG
    SR-V (Small).JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

SRV is really a surprice to the newer sleds. When sled was stock it hit 147 km/h to gps and other piston was lacking material from top. Now I think SRV will brake 100 mph(160kmh) limit. When I let it run flat out for a while speedometer needle is pointing straight down, wonder what real speed is hmmm

sam

Last edited:
looks great! more pics please! O, and ohlins make me happy :) I want an old vmax, part of my fantasy collection ;) want an old vmax, a 96-97 vmax 4, (had a 96 :( ) and a phazer for screwing with :) love any advice on what to look for in an old vmax! Eric

Wow, nice looking old rides!! I miss my old 84 vmax..........need to get my 83's engine back in it one of these days.

vmax84

Nice SRV ! My First Yamaha was a 1985 SRV what a good looking and reliable sled it was...... Sold me on Yamaha ! Visit the "New" forums at vintagevmax.com

Back