Secondary preload???

It's in the setting, A-1, b-1, c-1 etc.. I can't remember exactly what setting is 33 deg but b-3 is the recommended setting, if this is a 750 clutch. If it is an 800 clutch 33 degrees is not possible.

Can't remember when I twist the sheave do i just go to next set of ramps? It says 33 deg but how the heck do you judge that.

A3 for 33* on a 750 secondary. You can go to B3 which is 43*, if you need more backshift or this was commonly used on 92's due to the binding issues in the secondary.

You just put the spring ends in the appropriate holes and load the spring past the ramps and push down the helix. You can put some sharpie marks on the secondary if you want for reference to the ramps.

Ken

Last edited:
According to the owners manual, for a 1992, A3 is the recommended setting at 33 degrees. It shows C3 at 53 degrees.

According to the owners manual, for a 1992, A3 is the recommended setting at 33 degrees. It shows C3 at 53 degrees.

Thanks for catching that - I actually had two errors in my orginal post, which I corrected to avoid more confusion.

Owners manual was superseded by the factory TSB's on the 1992. The main clutch update on the 92 called for C3, I always had better results with B3.

Ken

Last edited:
No problem. I probably wouldn't have caught it, but I happened to be viewing the PDF of the owners manual when you posted.

Sorry its 92 but has 93 clutch. I'm running bender quads so I'm using PSI setup that is B3 at 33*. Thanks Ken so just go to next ramp.

Back