Sledfest Wasaga Beach Ontario

Sledfest 2015

I live in wasaga beach and personally know the guys that are putting the event on they even have a snow making company on standby just in case
The shores of Georgian Bay is the back drop its right on the beach hope to see a few V4's there

Where heading down there with 2 sleds. Both trail sleds. Supercharged Nytro and trail improved v max 4.
did you run in this event last year? Would like to know the starting line condition.

no I was unable to make last year I was away at a family event I would have to say it was groomed snow I believe blue mountain ski resort sent over one of there machines I could be wrong I had breakfast 2 weeks ago with john one of the promoters there pretty excited I was told the drags are 660' and miles of shut down area

More worried about traction. My max is a short track with only a 1 inch lug. Lots of studs if it gets down to hard ground!

I'll get more information and give you a heads up of what they're hoping for to have for track conditions and rules as well what ones There following

I took my '92 on Saturday, put out a 2013 Cat Turbo in first round of 1000 improved amateur, m.o.v was a full second. Got put out in the second round by a 2010 Cat with a speed werx turbo kit, this was my slowest pass of the day, lost by a length and a half. I don't think that's too bad since I know I am giving up 100 hp to him.
I have a video on my DB Powersports face book page.
Won the vintage open class handily.

The timing systems seemed to be a bit messed up at times over the weekend but what where your average run times?

Anywhere from 8.0 to 8.6, if I kept my clutch cleaned up I could maintain 8.2 consistently, the 8.6 was after a couple passes without cleaning, & when the track was in desperate need of a grooming.

We have never run snow drags and made the trip down with my buddies trail sled to see how things went at these event. We where giving thought to setting up a couple of true snow drag sleds. Not sure after this weekend though. The tech and sled classes have alot to be improved on.

Yeah, I used to run cosdra a lot, pretty frustrating when they call people to the line 300 times. They had no clue what classes to put people into. My buddy took a t cat with jaws pipes, porting, reeds, filters and they put him into stock.

I used to run a snow rade run down here, no one got a race # on their sled till I looked under the hood, the worst I caught was a guy trying to run an iantomassi 1000 in 600. & it really doesn't take long if you have half a brain.

Back