ssr 440 in quebec, seems a little pricey

Considering a 1973 SR292 just sold on ebay for $15k a couple weeks ago... Of course that was a completely restored 1973 SR292. The guy sent it to Wahl Brothers and had them do all the work on it. That is a sweet SSR. They are pretty rare, so he may get that is someone really has their heart on owning one.

Pricey??

Sure but just finding one that is for sale is "needle in the haystack" stuff. I've seen them go much higher than $14,500 in the past.

If I owned a good one and was to sell it I'd want at least that much because it would probably be the last one I would ever see.

opsled

I guess I never realized how rare they are. Rare as it is, it's still quite a bit out of my price range.

I had a 1973 SR643B with an SR433 engine with the circle-m fuel injection in it when I was a kid... I had no idea what I had. That was over 20 years ago. I tracked the sled down, called the guy who owned it and expressed my interest in buying it from him if or when he wanted to sell it. He told me that he never planned on selling it and that it would be in his living room if his wife would allow. A few months later I looked on vintagesled.com and saw he posted an ad selling it. I called him and he had already sold it and did not have any contact info for the guys he sold it to.

a few years back at the Beaverton Ice fest there were some guys that pulled up at the outlaw drag strip with a trailer full of goodies one SSR included,I helped pull it off the trailer and watched it run a few times. it was a thing of beauty but they had a 440 srx that just killed about everything that that came calling. I had just got my 80 srx and was figuring out just what I had which was nothing compared to what they had,however he did comment on the nice shape mine was in at the time and got down on his knees and looked at the belly pan and commented on how straight it was. it wasn't as fast as theirs but it was still just as cool

I have a bunch of old Yamaha 2 stroke bikes, and just have begun to look for a 70's SRX, they are very fast when setup correctly and put alot of people in their places!!!

Back