stock 92 jetting ?s

Just bought a bone stock 92 750 4 with only 4000 miles on it.

cleaning the carbs I found 42.5 pilots and 130 mains.

arent they supposed to have 140s and 50s in them?

Was there an issue with running the stock jets?

I live in WI and the sled was only used locally.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Jeremy

stock jetting was 140's and 50's, it proved to be rich. I think the update for the jetting was 135's and 47.5's, which is stock for 93's and 94's.

I would like to make my own stingers for it but other than that would like to leave it stock for reliability and collectabillity reasons, how much of a jetting change is there if I were to install stingers?

Is a 130 and a 42.5 pilot a common jetting update?

Been reading the site and noticed some talk of the cranks of the 750's slipping and coming out of time, what are the chances that my sled has this problem and how do you figure out if it does have any slippage??

you'l ahve to check the position of your crank, should be TDC for a cylinder BDC for another and the other two should be at the middle with one going down and one going up. 90 degrees from one another, sled will run like shit if they are out of time. main cause for these badass mother effers going out of time is running them at too high of an RPM.

I would like to make my own stingers for it but other than that would like to leave it stock for reliability and collectabillity reasons, how much of a jetting change is there if I were to install stingers?

Is a 130 and a 42.5 pilot a common jetting update?

I agree with Rustman that the jetting you have now looks to be a little lean especially if outside temps were getting to single digits. I have Bender silencers on mine and use stock jetting (135's and 47.5's) with no issues....Tom

Back