stock hp vs crank 180degree

DA YAMMIE

hey all just a few questions on the 92 vmax4 #1 what is the stock h.p and #2 what is the increase in h.p with the crank 180 degreed and how much work is involved to have the engine set up for 180 ?

Stock HP on a stock 92 is about 132 hp. The 93-94s were about 140 hp. No HP gains to changing your crank to 180.

All of the above is right,its really cool to have all the bottom end power to play with:)
I dont know exactly what is done to make it work but I do beleive you have to change out the cdi box to fire the cylinders in this order the guys on here will help you will finding more out about that.

Indexing crank to 180*

Unless you are running 10,000+ rpm no need to index crank to 180*. It is done for harmonic reasons. It will require a RPC, Pony Pac (Hauck), Bender or MSD cdi to fire at 180* at a minimum cost of $300 - $400, if you can find someone to give one up. I paid $450 for my RPC from a fellow member.

VMAX535 is right on but I'll add one thing.. For trail riding the sound of a quad at 90 is unbeatable!! Don't do it for a trail sled.. These sleds can run very hard at 90 degrees for a trail runner...

I like the idea of an MSD cdi for my 92. Since my sled has a faulty box now I don't know what it runs at. And the tach is broke. The previous owner never knew the r.p.m.'s of this sled before the cdi went bad. It is a mystery if it is ported. I do know it has a 180 crank, and Aaen quads. I suppose I can get an idea of r.p.m.'s by what spring and weights are in the Comet clutch on the sled.
I do know the previous owner was getting a reputation at White Lake because of winning races.
I think I should put a box on this thing and see what I got for sure.
Could I get some opinion on cdi choice if you all will? That would be great. Thanks...

VMAX535 is right on but I'll add one thing.. For trail riding the sound of a quad at 90 is unbeatable!! Don't do it for a trail sled.. These sleds can run very hard at 90 degrees for a trail runner...

OOOOOHHHHH, YEAAAAAAAAA

A blind man would want to ride a 90 fire 4 over all others!!!

opsled

Back