stock skid setup for ice/lake

steve-o

i have a stock skid for my 92 750, looking for help setting it up to grag on ice, eg... limmiter strap lenth, shock&spring tention, 2,3,4 wheels in rear axle, over all ride hight, add or remove boggies. ill be running a 121x15x1/2 preditor race track with 96 1 inch ice picks and 144 1 inch ice chisils. any help would be great, thanks

Take the rear skid out and compress the front arm as tight to the rails as you can get it. It usually takes 2 people to do this. This will help keep the front end down under hard acceleration. I usually use the stock strap and drill another hole in it after I see how far I can compress it. You do NOT want ski lift! You will probably need more studs as well. It will hook up on clean ice, but if you get into anything chewed up, it will spin if you are leaving hard. Only lower the rear skid this far if you lower the front end with lowering tubes.

more studs? realy? lol there is 240 rasor sharp picks and chisels that stick out almost an 1 inch above a 121 track that has no lugs. my fingers and nuckles will tell u the same lol, should i be concernd about rotating mass if i add more? and were can i find info on the short front pogos like quadzillas has on his, to lower the front a bit or is that unnessasary? also, what gearing sould i be using for 1000 foot. its bone stock rite now (750) but looking to upgrade to quad pipes and cdi, as well as race porting.

has any one out there run a 750 sled stock in 1000 feet and if so what kind of ET`s and speed were yous getting, food for thought.

Back