Stud size and inexpensive studs

Ted

Vmax-4 Collector
How do u measure studs or determine size of stud while they are still on track? I want to replace about 35 studs on my track that are slightly bent or damaged. I would like to replace them all but the cost to replace 200 studs around $4-500!!! Track is off sled so I want to do it now.

Also, does anyone know where to get cheap studs?

One more ? --Is it ok to reuse the backers and nuts on new studs?

Hey Ted, I went w/ 1.075 gold diggers w/ the black round metal backing plates on my 95. I picked up 144 from CB performance In Gurnee IL. Rich is the owners name and a pretty good guy to deal w/. Total cost was $266.00. He will normally bill me at my WI address so there is no tax either. If your interested give hime a call and work it out. I could pick them up from him and ship to you with your other parts so you will not neet to pay shipping. I'm sure he would be able to give you a cheeper stud also b/c gold diggers are pretty good quality... good luck. Studs will come w/ nuts, and it should be fine to re-used backers...

Last edited:
I tried cAlling this place twice;no answer. I also left message with my phone number, no call back.

I'd just pull one out of the track and measure it. Check your track for cuts around the backers. The stamped backers usually have a sharp edge and will cut the track. I machined a radius on all of mine.

If you can wait until the snowmobile shows in the Fall, you can get great deals on studs. I've gotten 96 5/16" stainless steel studs with nuts and backers for less than $100. Birch Run has a show in the fall, and of course there's the big show in Novi. Shadetree Powersports used to have their own stainless studs with a 3 year warranty for a reasonable price.

Shark

Back