Suspension setup

Kahunas

I am having trouble with my Black Max coming up WAY too high. I almost flipped it over today.:sled: I have setup sleds for drags for many years and have never had trouble keeping the skis on the ice until now. This thing comes up so hard and so fast with a very rigid suspension setup that I am thinking of softening the engagement a little. My stock 800 comes off the line hard and the skis barely lift and are right back down. Even my pro stocker keeps the skis down when the clutch hits at 5500. What do I have to do to tame this beast?

I am back to the stock rear skid. The front arm is only about 1 inch off the rails and the rear spring is very tight. It doesn't move when I sit on it.

Any more info on this I would like to get my suspension set up for better transfer

Do I setup the suspension like I do the the SRX, back off the big rear spring to 1 inch thread left then leave FRA in mid, jack up the limiter straps tight, loosen the front shock half way then set the transfer rod with shims to even out the track

YES OR NO?

Last edited:
Kahunas, double over your limiters in the front and loosen the rear with the spring wound tight. PM me your e-mail if you want a picture. Been there, puts a bacon strip in yer drawers

Back