Thank you from Caveman Racing!

quadzillaracer

I would just like to take the time in this post to say Thank you, to all the supporters who followed and backed Caveman Racing in 2009 and more specifically my Turbo Vmax-4 speed run sled. What an awesome season for us!

Who would have ever thought you could teach a 15-year old dog new tricks, LOL! (old dog = Vmax-4) We set a goal this season to be the first "Full-Bodied" snowmobile to break 160 mph in 1000'. It was a goal that seemed far away, as I would have been happy just to break 155 mph in 1000'. As you all know the first race we broke 162.406 mph in 1000', officially becoming the first "Full-Bodied" snowmobile to break the 160 barrier in 1000'. Now later this season others would break into the 160 club too... One Stop Performance's tube chassis turbo sled and Simon's CPR Turbo sled, but nobody else accomplished this feat being over 765-770 pounds on the scale. I'd love to see what this sled would do with 70-150 pounds off the sled.

Now 7 years of trial and error and a heap of $$$$$, and more late nights and early mornings than I care to remember, has helped contribute to where we are at today. Just when I've thought the sled is as far as it can go limit wise and speed. I have found many more improvements and changes to make for the 2010 season, to help us run consistantly around 170 mph in 1000'. As the ice conditions deteriated later in the season, we found new challenges to address in the traction area, as we ended up pulling boost out of the sled to get it to hookup for the entire 1000'.

Thank you to the following individuals for your kindness, support and generosity in helping us achieve our goals:

Dave Forkins Sr. (Skinner) and Dave Forkins Jr. of Manitowoc Composites and Maximum Velocity Racing for designing and creating a complete one-off fiberglass hood to put the finishing touches on the turbo sled. Your a great friend Dave and talent to your trade. The hours and work you guys invested to create what you did is simply awesome and selfless...Thank you.

Curt Wald (Vmax-4) also a great friend and teammate, as we should have stock in Altel for the number of hours that we've spent on the cell phones discussing theories and ideas on this sled, LOL! It's been quite a ride for us my friend, as only you truly know the ridicule and hiderances we faced when we decided to take this project to the level we did, its nice to watch the "big names" in the industry eat it for once. Thank you for your dedication and support at the races, couldn't have done it without your help.

Trego Machine and Tool plus Mike @ Tri-M Welding, LLC. Your talents and contributions speak volumes simply by looking at the fit and finish of the turbo kit, pure talent and skill...Thank you and thanks for coming to the races to watch your craftmanship in action.

Eric Anderson (Capt. Jager), our fearless new Chief, LOL! Thank you for pumping new life into Vmax4.com and for those of you that don't know it, Eric launched www.quadzillaracer.com something that Eric took upon himself and designed and created. Now that racing is done, I will be contributing new info. and photos to Eric for updating and progressing the sight. Thanks for your drive Eric and help!

Caveman Racing Team, this was a team started long ago by Curt Wald (Vmax-4) and Paul Susienka (Big Bore 904), because of these old dinosaurs they raced and the beatings they gave out at the Chief, not including various wins at the World Series of Ice. As many of you followed, Paul continues to be a nasty thorn in the side of the competition and new iron at various local drag races. I guess I just got caught up in the team and the whole laugh behind it...believe me the competition is now figuring out all about this team. For those of you interested, we should have Caveman Racing shirts, hats, and stickers coming out this summer. The perfect accessories for anybody that still gets their kicks on one of these old dinosaurs!

Enclosing, if you'd like more info. on professional speed running or just want to check out a cool sight, go to www.racenssr.com Thanks again to all Vmax4.com members for the great post, PM's and emails about or season. We look forward to raising the bar again in 2010.

Respectfully,

Justin Durand (Quadzillaracer)

Justin, you are a great friend and always have a great time when you stop over at the Maximum Velocity Race Shop!

Way to go this year!

Terry
NOS-PRO

Cavemen

Justin, It's very gracious of you to recognize all those you've mentioned. You have shown the dedication and perseverance to bring these sleds to a new dimension.

We had a great year and continue to make advancements in performance. There is still more to come in the upcoming season. It's great to see all the guys laying down the smack in their respective racing venues. Best wishes to all the dedicated Vmax4 faithful.

Paul S.
A Caveman original

Justin, thanks for the kind words however, the credit goes to you my friend. We know what you put into that whole project and the sacrifices that were made to complete that bad ass two stroke. For those who havn't had the opportunuty to hear this thing run, I will tell you it will stand the hair up on the back of your neck!!! It was a pleasure working with you on your sled and the attention to detail is quite apperant even from a distance. It opened up a can of "whoopass" on a whole bunch of people, some of which THOUGHT that these sleds were out of date and could not run with the new stuff. As always, we look forward to seeing you the next time through. Looking forward to next season

Take care

finally with do respect like i,ve said for a long time these sleds in the right hands will serve whoop ass for a long time , some have agreed 2 disagree but that doese,t matter 2 me when its handed 2 them then they will know. a job well done justin and like u said lots left on the table yet , go set some more records let the rest wonder when and if it ever ends. Al

Back