This past weekend in Epoufette,MI

BUBS SRX

It was COLD!!!We stayed at the Skyway or Skyline Lodge across from the Cut River Bar on US2.The furnace was out in my buddies trailer so it was the obvious choice,Not to mention about $60 bucks per night with one twin and 2 double beds and 3 dogs.​
We only put on about 110-120 miles IT WAS -5*F,My SXR ran great my buddies Ultra 650 had coolant leak after about 50 miles.We left from Epoufette ran trail 473 from Rexton to Trout Lake :Flush: ,It was bumpy to say the least and could use more snow.We had lunch at Trout lake and ran south trail looking for #2 but passed it up and ended up on Trail 47 Which is an old rr grade:4fzfk2: .It was good and flat but had some rocks in places otherwise in decent shape.About half way to the south end of the trail #2 intersection Watch out for the private driveways that have some decent sized snow banks,Thats an OH Shit at 70 mph.I'm glad I saw the YIELD SIGN so I was down to about 50,Still scared the bejesus out of me as the trail is kind of narrow.
We were just about to the trail #2 crossing and My buddies temp light is on So we stopped to look things over,The groomer was just pulling on the trail so we got some info from him and made a phone call to the wife to meet us at the town of Moran.Had I been thinking I would have taken a picture of how we limped his sled into town,What we did was fill the engine compartment with snow every 2-3 miles and packed the heads real good.The motor was saved and our ride met us at the Rock Bar and grill of m-123,This was a rockin little place and or waiter was Johnny on the spot with the refreshments.A big thanks to Rob our waiter for that night,He looks just like Curt Cobaine what a trip.
So our ride came and we got home safley with a designated driver,Tim didnt drink so it was game on for the Jager Bombs and the suds.The next morning we started out back at my buddy Todd's barn and proceede to change the jets in his XCR 800 from high alt to low alt,We installed 440 mains,I did mention it was cold rite!I never did check the SXR jets but it was running good so I didn't worry.I didnt have any indications that it was running hot so as I said above I didnt worry.
We got the XCR running and headded off towards Newberry,We had to boondock a bit to get to trail#2 out of Naubinway then to trail#9 but once we hit the the trails they got better the further north and west we rode.Nice and smooth just the way they are supposed to be,A bit slick at times but still better than the previous days trails.We had a little race on the stretch of flat out road on the way to our meeting place called Toppers Bar,He got me with the 800 but I reeled him in and passed him at about 105 mph then I backed out cause the road was coming up quick.In all it was about a 1/4 mile wot run then back down,the road was about a 1/2 mile from the trial to the corner.Todds XCR is a 136 track with 2in paddle so he probably should have spanked me.
We had lunch and Todd's friends were late meetint us so we ended up waiting for them to eat too:cussing: ,In all We spent about 2 1/2 hours chatting,We went in to Picklemans to fuel up and it was getting much colder out and Todd's hand warmeres were not functioning properly so we headed back home for the night.
And packed up by 11:30 Sunday and headed back south by noon.

Last edited:

The Drive Home,YIPES!!!!

EVERY WINTER STORM WARNING THAT COULD BE ISSUED WAS!!
High winds at the Mackinaw bridge,Icey snowy roads all the way to Wolverine then just south it was a major white out at about 65 mph.Then the cars off the road in the ditch on both sides of the hwy a tow truck,State trooper all just appeared out of the white and the HOLY #$%^ commenced!We were headed into the back of a Cobalt that was behind a shorty tour bus,Well the guy in the car saw us coming and was luckey to get his car out of the way other wise we were in the ditch or sandwiching the Cobalt into the back of the bus.We did avoid any and all harm by gods graces and slowed bown considerably.Still the roads and White out conditions were horrable.
We were in an 06 GMC 2500 long bed 4x4 diesel 4 door rig and loaded with 2 in the trailer and one in the bed,Yet the wind was pushing us around like a play toy :3speechle .
White Knuckles and all all the way through to Gaylord its about a 60-70 mile stretch.Finaly the white outs fell off considerably and were able to get back to a some what normal traveling speed.Still with a couple hours left to go we blew a tire on the trailer between Birch Run and Flint :cussing: .
I just got these tires last year before the trip I went on with Allen and Mark to Pine Stump.3 friggin trips to the UP and Cablewey,The rim was FUBAR but I'll get a picture of that for sure.Tomorrow I'm getting some 20x10x8,10 ply load range E For just $40 bucks more!Screw the small 18.5x8.5x8's,They were LOAD STAR tires and if you got them get rid of them!!!In all we had a good time and made it home safley with some miles ridden.:rockon:
I'll try to post some pics tomorrow if I have time,I got to get the tires and my trailer back from Todd's.

Yes It was very cold. We rode up by Sand Lake to Cadillac. It was cold..
We had really good snow, Lots of drifts to play in. Both the Vmax and SRX ran great. Saw lots of people in the ditch or smashing inot each other. Wrapped it up about 6 pm, loaded the sleds on the trailer, and headed back south. Kinda cold in the soft top Jeep though. Trailer like to slide around on the ice.. Made it home all is good. It was so cold the tracks froze up by the time I got home, And the steering wasnt to easy either. Put them in the grarage and kicked on the heat, Thawed them out real nice, All ready to go again.. Its supposed to be warmer this weekend, I like it atleast 15 degrees outside...

Me too skinner,I got my tires for the trailer today for $132.00 w/rims.

DV8,I agree with ya cold,cold,cold but fun fun fun

:rockon:

Back