Trails in the Thumb of Michigan

overdrive75

So anybody from michigan ride on these trails before. How are the conditions as of current. I want to ride these trails this Saturday with the wife, there looks to be a staging area in Sandusky MI, how is this for the start point?

Thanks for the info.

Shark,

Thanks for the map link. I have been looking for one. So do you think they have enough snow, I know what the trail report says, I just don't want to drive the 2 hours up there and than not have decent conditions. I think this is the last ride of the year for me.

Patrick

Well this is just a guess, but I think it might be alright to ride. I work in Walled Lake and drove home in snow on Friday morning. The farther North I drove, the worse the roads got. We probably had 1-2 inches of new fluff when I got to Goodrich, and the radar was showing snow across the entire thumb. I don't want to steer you wrong, but I'd say go for it, especially if you think it's the last chance you'll get to ride this season. It sounds like there's a good crusty base, and with some fluff on top to lubricate, you would probably be alright. I really don't know if those trails get a lot of traffic or not. I've burned up a pair of sliders just to go out for that last ride before.:653: :653:

Shark

Well, I rode the trail from Sandusky to Deckerville. Not a bad trail. There really wasn't much fluff on the top, really good icy hard base. There was some loose stuff every now and again. If you don't have a marginal snow wheel kit, forget about riding it. My extra wheels were deffinately needed today. Same with on the wifes sled. It was a nice ride though. Might be a good place to have a SE Michigan V-max 4 ride. I will deffinately hit this area again.

Next time ya go look me up, i live right around there,last i heard it was
ok,but we lost allot of snow...

Didn't know that many people were around the thumb with the VMAX 4's. Good to see that trail is open. I knew they were working on it, and great to have something in the thumb now within driving distance. I'll consider taking the 92 VMAX4 out there next year to mess around...that would be great! Thanks for posting the info!....Scott

They got a good start but they need to work there way up north more
into the thumb around the lake shore,got some beautiful scenery up here..

Nice 97, I got two of them. Just love em. Hey what's with trails in the thumb? I've got types of relatives all around there. Grandpa was the Justice of the Peace of Huron County years ago.

Back