tunnels and extensions.

You´re welcome , Max!

What are you up to now?? Sounds like a project to me... :super:

I´ve been thinking about adding lenght to my MountainMax, but always end up rejecting the idea. Since it´s probably the only one surviving stock 800 MMax in our country, I think I´ll leave it stock. Want those PSI quads though... LOL:bottom: And a new RipSaw track and a ... List just goes on and on. Our small fjells are quite easily taken by my sled as it is now. Only that newer track would help.

Ike

Ike said:
What are you up to now?? Sounds like a project to me... :super:

yea a bit of a project.:muahaha:

i was origionaly going to build a speeder with my 93. found the rear suspension no good at all. its kind of hard to locate a 121 vmax4 skid in the west were longer dominates. so im going longer, way longer. i found a 159" rx1 skid real easy so thats whats going in.and most likely a 2" track. for that price i paid for the whole rx1 skid new shocks would have cost me that much. plus i needed rails, springs and the shaft needed to mount it was stripped.

already rebuilt the motor with psi porting and rpc twin pipes for now. plans are to use the polaris primary like justins sled had since i have his motor and its side is already shaved to fit on. i have 795cc bigbore pistons that i can use too.

now i am broke and it will have to wait for spring for more parts. lol
hopfully it will be done next year.

thanks for the link dean! i will check it out

Mountain Air Al had a custom tunnel for sale last year cheap.He may still have it if you can get in touch with him.He lives in Kamloops BC

Busted Max

Remember you have to shave down about 1/8 of an inch of the back of the Polaris primary as well so it is flat have a machine shop do it and you will have good luck with that primary.

I would start out with 60 gram wieghts and forgot what spring I was running I can check when I get home.

Just saw this post, like Dean said, Tom Hartman is a great guy. I have one of his extensions on my RX-1 and it is excellent. Not sure if he makes them for Vmax-4 or not but you should deffinitely give him a call.

You might try mountainperformance.com they may still have a tunnel extension lying around.

Last edited:
Just picked this '93 up and thought that it was a 144" track. After measuring, it is a 162 inch track. The sled is lightly moded and I plan to increase HP more. I do not like the craftsmenship of the extention. I'm going to build my own. Here are some pics, I'm interested in your thoughts and comments. I haven't had any luck finding a kit and I'm a welder / millwright by trade so I'm going to suck it up.

IMAG0061.jpg IMAG0064.jpgIMAG0062.jpg

I'm a knuckle head that didn't measure the pitch. All day I've been thinking that there is no way that long of a track could fit without a much larger extention, among many other issues. It is a 136" track w/ 2.5" pitch. Anyway, still interested in any ideas for an extention.

If you shop around you should be able to find a oem extension from a two up or later model mm sled being parted or salvaged. Remove the tunnel extension and pieces from one of them.

Back