Turbo fitting instructions

mistermax

Hello,
Here is a mostly complete set of old fitting instructions. I asked for a Turbo forum be started so we may
have one area to share info on the subject. If you had one or have one tucked away would love to
Here from you. Feel free to add anything that may help fellow member enjoy the sweet sound of a Turbocharged Max4

Thanks
Kirk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 230

May have to try a different more read able way to load pics. Here is a pic of my last turbo. But there is a new one sitting in the garage:) More to follow:653:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 222
the red wire from the rectifier for charging the battery, is it dc current ?All we can find is ac current ?

Mistermax, how much fuel pressure are you running ? I set mine at 6 psi and at an idle the carb vents had fuel being pushed thru them… all 4 carbs.

my elec. pump does not come on till its under a few pounds of boost. then around 6 or 7 psi and goes up with boost pressure to a max around 12-14psi
I will look how my new turbo is wired and send a pic of where its wired. anyone else feel free to chime in. is the headlight run on a/c or d/c anybody?
you will need good needles and seats and if you have not replaced the orings that go around the seat you need to as fuel gets around them and overflows the
bowl.

kirk

My rectifier doesnt have a red wire but a yellow with red stripe. Tried an apex rectifier and it cant keep up to draw the pump pulls from the battery.

Looking at my new sled done by First Choice Turbo today I see 2 wires going to the battery positive . One goes to the fuel pressure switch. And the other hooks to the Brown with red traced wire by the CDI box .
They also fit a DIODE in the brown/ red wire that only allows current to flow into the battery and not out of the battery and into the sled original wiring. Hope the helps. With it running battery voltage should climb.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 125

Back