VMAX4 Asphalt Sled

vollender

This is a 1995 vmax4 sled I will be running on asphalt next year. I have got a lot of great help from this site.

I am a huge Nascar fan so I made it look like Dale Sr. car. I will post more photos when I figure out what I did to make this picture fit.

Thanks For all the help

Ray

Attachments

• side sled 001.jpg
    side sled 001.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 165
  • side sled 002.jpg
    side sled 002.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 157
  • new sled 001.jpg
    new sled 001.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

This is a 1995 VMAX4 800, with about 1500 miles on it. As far as I can tell its all stock. It has stock pipes and I am building a set of stingers for it. My next challenge is to fit my polaris skid in chassi. It will be on the back burner for a while, I just had major surgey last Thursday and I have to stay off my leg for 8 weeks, Its been 4 days and Iam going crazy allready.

Some things I have done is lower front end, I removed as much weight as posible, gutted cowl and built dash for digatron, I made a custom 1 gallon gas tank that fits in were old fill was at, repainted black and added stickers,went through carbs.

I cant wait to ride this sled I will be going from a zrt 600 to the vmax4. I am the only sled that runs at the track and the crowd loves it.

Thanks for help
Ray

Very nice looking sled! :rockon::rockon::rockon: That bad boy looks fast just sitting still! I like the all black stealth look. You did a nice job on that one! What track do you run on?

Shark

I am in Grand Junction Colorado Its about 30 miles from the Utah border. The track is called Western Colorado Dragway. Its a 1/4 drag strip, It is a very nice place to race. We have new asphalt and a new launch pad, new timing all payed pits are paved.

We have around 140 members that race every other weekend 12 times a year. My 11 daughter runs a Jr Dragster. The best part of this race track is I am 5 miles from it, It sure makes it nice after a long race day.

new pictures

Added some new pictures. I added the contingency stickers that are on the fenders. I also made my helmet like Dale Sr. I also made up my own stingers from a set of zrt stingers, man they sound cool. Next step is to finish seat.

Ray

Attachments

• dale sled 1.jpg
    dale sled 1.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 134
  • dale sled 3.jpg
    dale sled 3.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 124
  • dale sled 2.jpg
    dale sled 2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 139
Sled looks great! He was my favorite driver and in my opinion Nascar has not been the same without him. Keep us posted with your progress. Tom

new pictures

Well I worked hard this week and got skid in and got my seat back today and got it all put together. It all went pretty good and cannot wait to go race it. First race is April 10.

I would like to thank this site and all the members that have helped me out.

Ray

Attachments

• s6.jpg
    s6.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 49
  • s5.jpg
    s5.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 47
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 49
  • s3.jpg