Vmax4 vs Apex With yamcharger

Superwiz

We went drag racing in the field today on snow . Both machine are studded. I have a 1996 vmax4 800 with thicker base gasket and shaved head 158 hp dyno and my friend has a 2007 apex with a yamcharger 2 psi of boost blower 177 hp dyno. On a 800 feet drag i was 2 to 3 lenghts in front of the apex . We were both really surprise of the results . Vmax4 can still hold up against the new sleds cool.

I think the apex with the blower is at least 75 lbs heavier and the longer travel suspension takes something like 3 to 5 % more power to turn the track in the end.

will be racing a stock 136 vmax4800 next winter in snow drags across alberta, saskatewen, and into manitoba for 2013 race season all ready know what my 866 big bore vmax4 does to 1000 cat improvers eats them for lunch .

allarson PM me when your going to run in manitoba I will come out for that
G

thats cool give me ur ph # i will call u at that time when it arrives. will have to wait and see whats going to happen for the race season ,im thinking tompson but what ever would be a big race out that way as i want to make it worth my while i allso run a stock 2010 nytro thats cleaning up on all the 600 classes and finish into the finals 700 stock class i have beat a lot of f7 cats including the 2003 f7 which is to be the faster one of the f7, have beat a 700 srx in 650 ft. nytro was radared at 121 kmr in 500 ft, 153 track 2inc paddle. i have trouble with the apex but after this summer should have his # also going to blue print the chassi and run k/n filters which this apex has and on the nytro from almers dyno reports 6 to 8 hp bottom to mid range gain and 2 to 3hp gain on top end. the radar run on the nytro was only pulling 8200 that day. so the 4 stroke clutching can be way off and still pulls stupi crazy verse 2 stroke and i know some of the 2 stroke guys are trying to get more out of the sled from clutching and if they are a little off the nytr smokes them

thats cool give me ur ph # i will call u at that time when it arrives. will have to wait and see whats going to happen for the race season ,im thinking tompson but what ever would be a big race out that way as i want to make it worth my while i allso run a stock 2010 nytro thats cleaning up on all the 600 classes and finish into the finals 700 stock class i have beat a lot of f7 cats including the 2003 f7 which is to be the faster one of the f7, have beat a 700 srx in 650 ft. nytro was radared at 121 kmr in 500 ft, 153 track 2inc paddle. i have trouble with the apex but after this summer should have his # also going to blue print the chassi and run k/n filters which this apex has and on the nytro from almers dyno reports 6 to 8 hp bottom to mid range gain and 2 to 3hp gain on top end. the radar run on the nytro was only pulling 8200 that day. so the 4 stroke clutching can be way off and still pulls stupi crazy verse 2 stroke and i know some of the 2 stroke guys are trying to get more out of the sled from clutching and if they are a little off the nytr smokes them

Hope to run against you this winter with the V-max 4 and my SRX

I think we ran against you last winter in Yorkton and Nipiwin with my buddies 600ho SDI

what are u doing to the vmax 4 mine is 880 big bore that destroys 1000 cat improvers and its not even dialed in yet , i run it just the way it was set up 2 see what it would do. ya in yorkton i should have been in the final in 600 improver got first place in my heat and they gave me last place. was some pissed. i protested and he would not rerun the race. but i got them all back later in the year. i have made changes on the nitro for better traction on hard packed track. and some more gearing. i dont get this we can run filter pods on our stock sleds but u cant do any thing to the air box. was looking at dyno # on the nytro with pods and it gets 5 to 7 hp lower and mid range and 3 to 4 top end hp so going to that set up.. ya was in nipiwan i beat a 700 stock srx so u better get tunning . i was hooking good on that track.

what are u doing to the vmax 4 mine is 880 big bore that destroys 1000 cat improvers and its not even dialed in yet , i run it just the way it was set up 2 see what it would do. ya in yorkton i should have been in the final in 600 improver got first place in my heat and they gave me last place. was some pissed. i protested and he would not rerun the race. but i got them all back later in the year. i have made changes on the nitro for better traction on hard packed track. and some more gearing. i dont get this we can run filter pods on our stock sleds but u cant do any thing to the air box. was looking at dyno # on the nytro with pods and it gets 5 to 7 hp lower and mid range and 3 to 4 top end hp so going to that set up.. ya was in nipiwan i beat a 700 stock srx so u better get tunning . i was hooking good on that track.

Is this your sled with my SRX and my buddies 600ho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uFAT8cDDBs&list=UU2QMt9MZ2UHsQO3_Vib9t1A&index=2&feature=plcp

Back