What are the difference's in SRX & SXR

BUBS SRX

Is it trip pipe and power valves or is there more to it?
I was looking through the Yamaha web parts fische and there are tons of similar parts used for the two sleds.I would have preferred to get the SRX but the SXR I could not pass on.
What is the advantage to reed spacers?

DUDE, DEFFERNCE BETWEEN A SXr AND A SRX ? their close but!!!!.
SRX 145 H.P. SXr 115 H.P.
TRIPLE PIPES / SINGLE PIPE
POWER VALVE / NON
8.5 / 11.5 SKID
CYLINDERS ( hot porting) / CYLINDERS (mild)
CLUTCHING
SRX WAS LAKE ROCKET, SXr EAS A MOGEL MASHER. SXr DID RESPOND NICE TO TRIPLE PIPES THOUGH. REED SPACERS ADD BETTER THROTTLE RESPONSES. ACTUALLY CHANGE FLOW OF FUEL THROUGH REEDS. THEY WENT IN BETWEEN CYLINDER AND REED. SOME SAY THEY WORK BETTER ON SXr than srx. I HAVE NEVER RAN THEM 3:16 (tony)

Any mods necessary to use tripple pipes,Jetting?I want to keep reliability in tact.
Reed spacers may be an easy upgrade,Ill have to ask the guy I bought it from if they had them installed.Before he brought it home he had dealer do work on clutch(bender setup and studded track) Not sure what else.
Thanks YG you rule

I owned 5 700 single piped sx/sx-r/mountain maxes. The best pipes are Bender(Dynoport); Power inc, end dumps or Hauck(CPR) They are very reliable piped but it cuts fuel consumption by 1/3. Pipes will add a realistic 20 hp all tho the pipe guys claim more. Stock sx,s like thinning the head gasket, reed spacers & drop the mains & needles 1 step. Run em at 83-8500 rpm stock. Stock clutching in em was horrible & they over revved badly.

Gas mileage sux after pipes. A Can(silncer) will slow em down. Any reed spacer will work. They are just a 1/4" spacer that fits between the stock reeds & intake.

So REED spacing--Yes
Single pipe can--NO
Look for quality tripple pipes--YES
Drop one notch raising the needles After trips installed--YES
Go one jet size larger when trips installed--YES
Am I on the rite path here?
I'm still trying to get a hold of previous owner about what clutching was installed,Not sure about secondary either.
Putting the front end back together was first priority,I honestly never looked at the clutching and its not at my house currently.
Thanks for you help if this is all correct I'll be styin whaen the snow fly's.
Is this a LAIM CLAIM for this single can?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BENDER-SXR-700-YAMAHA-SILENCER-EXHAUST-CAN-MUFFLER-

PSI,s run at 9000 rpm. They are mid-pack for sx pipes.There are better choices. For triple pipes sometimes you need 3-4 size larger mains; raise needles for sure; larger pilot jets...a clutching change....& so on.

Turk, Thanks alot,Ive ordered reed spacers any specific model of tripple pipe I'm looking for.I'll be mostly trail and lake not really raceing unless friendly race of course.

I was just going to post about them,I'll wait to see what the get up to.Whats a good price used and a bit rusty,Because I have no clue what they are worth.
Thanks again

They are worth $300 easily. Sand em; paint em & they are like new. Look for rub thru on centre & nag pipe. Easy fix if it is rubbed thru...spot welding a patch works great

Differance?

What do the power valves do for the 700? Does the SXR still get up and move? I have a good deal I mkight be able to do on a very low Miles 01 SXR. id mostly do trails, both groomed and maybe a little off groomed.

Back