What kind of speeds??????

oxbowcamp

We ran our 96 800 with P.S.I. quad pipes, matching porting and V-FORCE reeds on the ice today. The track was 1000 feet of slush covered ice at around 38F degrees. We were geared at 20/37 and turning right at 9000 R.P.M. We didn't have time to change the studs from the 192 carbide tips to chisel studs so traction was a problem all day (everyone suffered because of the slush). The jetting was at 138.8 but didn't seem rich for the temps. Our best run was 102 M.P.H. with a 250 pound driver. My question to you guys would be: Do these speeds seem to be in the ballpark? There were some improved stock APEX's and RX-1's running in the mid to high 90's. This sled only has 870 miles on it!

First off, you are fighting a losing battle unless you have enough traction. Secondly, the large driver is slowing you down big time. The slush was also a large factor. It doesn't sound like you are running too bad considering the conditions. We ran today on decent ice and my '96 stocker was running right at 100 in 750 feet. We ran 105 in 1000 the week before, but it was good ice with a 25 mph crosswind. There is more in it, but I am in need of more parts to tune with.

sounds like your getting even better then you should with that gearing..
stock is 24/37 a ratio of 1.541, and the top speed is suppose to be 112..
22/37 is a ratio of 1.681 and the top speed is suppose to be about 102
20/37 is a ratio of 1.85..top speed is suppose to be about 93?

AL P

MIKE, NO LUBE. DEC GET ON OUR ASS FOR THAT. SLED IS STOCK HEIGHT, BUT WEIGHT TRANSFER IS SET-UP IN BACK FOR 155 POUND DRIVER. 192 MEGA BITES. LOADED 8BU-10 WEIGHTS (97 vmax 800) . STOCK GEARING. CONDITIONS WERE GRANULAR TO VERY HARD PACK. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I also have a 96 v4 lowered, speed track, chisels, stock motor and stock gearing and i have been consistent at 104 in 1000' on good ice. i am searching for ideas to gain some mph. It sounds like 102 in slush with studs is very good.

8bu arms 4.5 mid 3.6 on tip hauck orange spring yamaha silver secondary spring at 70 deg. we got the set up from the tech page on this site

THATS A SET-UP I BUILT AND TESTED. ALONG WITH OTHERS. 104 IN 1000 F.T. ON SOFT CONDITIONS IS PRETTY CLOSE. IS YOUR SUSPENSION SET-UP, LOWERED. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Back