Who's seen carbs this dirty?

bubbaj92

Just got this sled from a cousin. he bought it brand new in 92 and rode a little bit every year til his health got bad and he cant take the cold. Now i am trying to go thru it and clean it up and this is what i found in the carbs...

KIMG0008.jpg

this is a spider on the main jet... yes a tiny spider!
KIMG0009.jpg

this is the crap from the bottom of the bowl plug
KIMG0010.jpg

we also had to replace fuel lines oil lines and while we were in there we replaced the o-rings that leak gas in the cylinders, we are getting there. i wish I had taken before and after pics of the sled. it was in rough shape, needed gas tank, windshield, and seat and a lot of tlc but she will be running again in no time! We also changed chaincase and gearbox oil and gave it a good bath then painted the pipes and touched up some other rusty areas. It has been a fun 2 day project with dad. i guess were lucky to have a heated barn!!:muahaha:

I've cleaned worse but I can't seem to get pictures. I'll try to get them posted soon. But a quick description, picture dark chocolate on the inside.

Gunny.Nate
Welcome to the site! :schild27::schild27::schild27:

You won't be able to post pictures yet because you're a new member and this is your first post. You could contact the site Administrator, Carllaponte and ask if he can change your permissions so that you can post your pictures.

Shark

Those are pretty bad. I've seen worse but those also went to the scrap pile. Adding to the Vmax 4 collection, I see. Maybe one of these years we will get enough snow to go riding together.

Thanks for the welcome. I emailed Callaponte, haven't heard from him yet. I just picked up my vmax this fall. The thing is AWESOME! I think the cards still need some tweaking. It took me 4 hours to clean them the first time. Now about 30min and I can do a quick clean or adjustments.

Back