(Yammigod) Questioning Oil Injection?

SideshowRob

I have a 2000 SRX, that is currently in some pieces :2dontknow . When I rebuild it I am considering removing the oil injection, and going pre-mix. I never trail ride it anymore, so I'm not concerned about the hassle of mixing gas. I am curious if this has been done, if it's a good idea, what mix ratio (with synthetic)
Assistance and opinions are welcome.

Sideshow.

IF YOU GO PRE-MIX USE AMSOIL DOMINATOR. I ASSUME YOUR JUST GONNA RACE SO OF CORSE YOU CAN TAKE YOUR PRE-MIX RATIO UP PRETTY GOOD. ESPECIALLY USEING SYNTHETIC. I PROBEY START AT AROUND 50:1 ! 3:16 (tony)

Dave,
For your question Spectro SX 321S Oil Is great oil for racing It's 100% Synthetic with the highest rating which is a JASO FC + ISO-EGD PLUS certified oil. You can also use there Syn Sno which is 100% synthetic can be mixed at 50:1 And also has a rating of JASO FD and ISO-L-EGD plus These are far above the API TC quality levels.

Dave you also run it to the problem of oils being called a synthetic when they only have a small % in them Spectro's
are a 100% not knocking Amsoil but what is theres ? No were do i see 100% Synthetic on there lable there rating are API-TC-JASO-FC

Hope this helps

Oil

It Helps :cool:
Would like an explanation on all the LMNOP shit, don't understand all of the certs

Skinner

Last edited:
oil rating

Dave, Here you go. Let’s review the two-stroke lubricant standards; API TC; TCW; TC-W2; TC-W3; JASO FC; and ISO-L-EGD.
Non-racing two-stroke oils are usually given ratings from the API (American Petroleum Institute) “TC”, the BIA (Boating Industry Association) “TC-W” and currently the NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association) “TC-W2 and TC-W3”. The TC, TC-W and TCW2 standards are not current and do not meet the standards of today’s performance engines.

For a lubricant to receive one of these ratings it must pass certain levels of cleanliness and film strength. The lubricant is run at ratios up to 150:1 for specified times and loads. The engine is then examined for carbon deposits and for bearing and cylinder wear. If it meets the test criteria, the lubricant passes.

The Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Organization (JASO) developed a series of tests aimed at presenting more real-world conditions that a lubricant used in a motorcycle, snowmobile, ATV or PWC would encounter in use by consumers. They test for exhaust valve cleanliness, lubricity, exhaust smoke/blocking and initial torque. The highest JASO standard is FC. These tests are very difficult to pass and are a better indicator of a lubricants level of protection and performance that TC-W3 in non-marine applications.

European engine manufacturers tested TC-W3 and JASO lubricants and determined that their engines needed a cleaner lubricant and one that would withstand higher heat conditions. They established the ISO international standards for two stroke engine lubricants. Their first standard, ISO-L-EGB was comparable to the JASO FB standard. They later developed the ISO-L-EGC which is similar to the JASO FC rating.

They felt they needed an even tougher standard for the newest generation of performance two stroke engines. The ISO-L-EGD+ was created to establish a higher standard of detergency and ability to withstand higher levels of heat. The new test runs for 3 hours vs 1 hour for the previous test.

If a lubricant is certified ISO-L-EGD+ it has passed the most stringent tests set by American, Japanese and European engine manufacturers. Polaris recommends TC-W3 lubricants, Yamaha JASO FC and Ski-Doo/Sea-Doo requires ISO-L-EDG+ lubricants.

Examine the oil bottle of any oil in question and see what the highest level of certification is. It is generally accepted that if you use a lubricant that meets the ISO-L-EGD+ standard in your new snowmobile you will provide certified warranty compliance and protection.

last time i looked at an amsoil bottle the stuff wasn't certified, in so many words it just mentioned it can be used where JASO oil is recommended.....a while ago i studied the jaso stuff, seems they were more interested in cleanliness and antismoke.....i've looked high and low for data on antiwear properties (personally that's my most important consideration, i could care less about cleaning powervalves) and i've come to the conclusion you gotta just run the stuff yourself, and look at internal wear yourself.....my personal tests showed least wear with Redline oil, castor oil (Klotz or Blendzall, but they carbon up to the point of sticking the rings and i've seized motors due to that so take em apart and keep em clean!), amsoil dominator showed little wear also, unlike interceptor....

That was soom good reading.
Now that I've read that, it changed my mind about using standard oils, especially on performance engines.
I have to agree with Skinner that was good stuff.

AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR - RECOMEMMEND FOR USE WHERE API-TC OR JASO FC OILS ARE SPECIFIED. OTHER OIL I HAVE USED FOR YEARS IN YAMALUBE ''R - NO SPEC ON BOTTLE.
THAT WAS A GOOD POST VVMAXX !! 3:16 (tony)

Back