1978 Yamaha GP 440 ( in rough shape)

Roadrunner

I just thought I would share the 78 GP 440 sled I picked up. It is in rough shape but has potential! The clutch is pretty neat!

Attachments

• gp.jpg
    gp.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 39
  • gp3.jpg
    gp3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 37
  • gp1.jpg
    gp1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 42

Roadrunner,she doesn't look that bad. Get a good seat on it and she should be good for another 2000 miles.
I see your from the York PA area. Please keep and eye out for any AMF Ski Daddlers for me. They where made in York so I bet There are a few around down there.
Thanks
Mark

Mark, I may know someone who has an old Ski Daddler. I will try catch up with the guy this weekend.
Dean

Thanks Dean,I started riding in 69 on a new AMF Ski daddler SuperScout 11 with a 297 JLO.Good little sled.
Let me know!

Mark

Hey Roadrunner,I see you bought that 69 SL351. I've got some extra parts if you need any. Does it run?

Mark

Mark, I will definatly try to find the guy this weekend, he lives right around the corner from me, but also has a place in north central PA. So he may there this weekend.
If he has it I will take a few pics of it with my camera phone and post them and ask if he wants to sell it.
What colors were these Ski Daddlers ?

The 65's were cream colored or dull orange.The 66-69 were silver,except for a very few that had orange hoods with silver seats. The 70-72's were orange hoods wth black tunnels except for the 72 XX300 and XX340 that had alum. tunnels. I have a 71 XX800 with the 793 Tripple in that ripes.
Old sleds are way to much fun!

Mark

Mark,
Yes, I think it would run after some good cleaning of the gas tank, carbs, etc. It has 130 compression on both sides and it sat for over 20 years!!
I sold a 69 Ski-Daddler Mark II last year that was in great shape. That is the only one that has came up around here in 2 years but I will keep an eye open for them.
I have a lot of older sleds to look at in the next 3 weeks, so if anyone is serious about anything, please let me know. There are not really any rare ones but there are quite a few good old standard sleds. Toady Lisa and I are going to look at a Moto-Ski GPS, Ski-Doo Blizzard, 78 El Tigre 5000 and maybe a few more!
Mark, you are right, old sleds are fun! I try and keep the ones I like and sell the other ones cheap enough to get my money back. That way I am happy and the guy who buys the sled is happy. Hopefully my buddy brings me back some rack systems from Michigan, if he has enough room!
Doug

Attachments

• daddler1.jpg
    daddler1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 27
  • daddler2.jpg
    daddler2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 27
That's the same model We had when I was a kid(13 years old). I'd get home from school about 3:30,do my homework then gas it and go. Only let me down once.Fouled a sparkplug and didn't have one to change it. My dad came to the rescue with the tractor and got it running for me. I learned how to change a plug and belt after that.It's been a 37 year love affair ever since.
Hey Tony I told you that thing shakes my eye balls,No wonder I have to wear glasses now!

HEY MARK, THATS A GREAT STORIE. I LOVED YOUR DAD. WHAT A GREAT MAN. HEY, MAYBE GUYS TODAY SHOULD OF LEARNED WAY BACK WHEN BECAUSE THEY STILL CAN,T CHANGE A PLUG OR A BELT !!!. lol, 3:16 (tony)

Back