1979 Exciter 440

Roadrunner

Can anyone give me another lesson - 1979 Exciter 440? Did anyone ever have or ride one? I have a chance to buy one of these, if the lady was honest. She said she would hold the sled until tomorrow. I just wanted to know a little about it.
Thanks for any information.
Doug

My buddy has a '79 Exciter 440 that I used to ride before I got my first sled. It was about 17 years ago that I rode it last, and I think it's still out in his barn somewhere. It's like an Enticer on steroids. I remember that it was small and pretty easy to handle, and was faster than Hell! I don't know how common they are anymore, but if it's in decent shape I know you could restore it to showroom condition. I think it would make a nice investment, and a good addition to your classic collection.
Shark

Shark,
I posted this in 2 different sections. I needed some replies about it as soon as possible, so I could call her back. Now I can't get a hold of her!
It sounds like a cool sled to have fun on. I did notice it has a lot of aluminum!!
Thanks dude!

Me and a friend of mine brian, pulled into a gas station one day, and were both riding vintage sleds also, and thier was this kid that had one ofthem sleds, and was getting gas also, well to be honest, me and brian did`nt really think much of the sled as far as maybe bieng fast or anything, but it did look nice, well, the kid fired it up, and that thing had a the coolest sound, then he pulled out of the gas station, and layed into it, and we were both speechless. I could`nt believe that thing just took off like it did. we were impressed. kinda been keeping an eye out for one every since.

Me and a friend of mine brian, pulled into a gas station one day, and were both riding vintage sleds also, and thier was this kid that had one ofthem sleds, and was getting gas also, well to be honest, me and brian did`nt really think much of the sled as far as maybe bieng fast or anything, but it did look nice, well, the kid fired it up, and that thing had a the coolest sound, then he pulled out of the gas station, and layed into it, and we were both speechless. I could`nt believe that thing just took off like it did. we were impressed. kinda been keeping an eye out for one every since.

Back