1990 Exciter XT Project !

Vmax540

XT = Extra Travel ! :) ! Widened to 42 inch center and added the longer travel GYT Kit Struts with adjustable dampening, rebound and Preload. dropped the rear suspension down out of the tunnel to offset the higher front and added a 7/8" Polaris 133.5" track. Handle bar riser, secondary windage plates, skid plate and looking for a engine torque arm or a picture of one installed ! ? ! I should have the body panels and adjustable strut covers back from the painters this week !

Attachments

• Picture 077.jpg
    Picture 077.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Picture 069.jpg
    Picture 069.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Picture 079.jpg
    Picture 079.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 168

Just need a sway bar and some kind of decals ?

Attachments

• 53400006.JPG
    53400006.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 53400005.JPG
    53400005.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 53400004.JPG
    53400004.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 139
I could make you some reflective ones....but you'd have to create the design. Are you right-brained enough to design your own? ;)

Nice

I was contemplating doing that to an Exciter using struts,springs, and tubes from a Vmax600XT. And I was planning on building an 855cc triple using two exciter motors spliced together into a triple. and figureing out a triple pipe set up. Maybe this summer. post pics as you go looks good

Last edited:
XTiter

How about decals that say XTiter 570 on the hood and a big XT sign on the sides in black would look sweet. just an idea.

I vote for that red / white combo as it is. Looks cool to me.

Just a lone YAMAHA text somewhere...?

Ike

AK MTN VMAX4 said:
How about decals that say XTiter 570 on the hood and a big XT sign on the sides in black would look sweet. just an idea.

Thanks for the good feedback guys ! I like the XT Idea! How about EXTier on the hood or does XTiter work better ?

AK MTN VMAX4 said:
I was contemplating doing that to an Exciter using struts,springs, and tubes from a Vmax600XT. And I was planning on building an 855cc triple using two exciter motors spliced together into a triple. and figureing out a triple pipe set up. Maybe this summer. post pics as you go looks good

Next up....I have a Vmax540 frame already widened to 42" and a set of XT Struts/holders just waiting..... plus a 133.5 track, Exciter 570 gauge pod, USI skis....... I just love people saying what is that, never saw one...... !

Vmax540 said:
Thanks for the good feedback guys ! I like the XT Idea! How about EXTier on the hood or does XTiter work better ?

How bout,

XciTer

PS I have your pipe boxed up I'll get it in the mail soon.

/Dan

Some Decals !

Attachments

• Picture 089.jpg
    Picture 089.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 94
  • Picture 088.jpg
    Picture 088.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Picture 090.jpg
    Picture 090.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 94
Looks great!

Nice job!
Any idea of the wt of this sled?
Have you had it out? How does it handle.
Ps.
Where did you get those struts? as I would like more suspension on my sled.
vmax6

The 94-96 Vmax 5-600cc sleds had 7.2” of travel although a inch or so was used up in set in or suspension sag (Bender made a kit to get back and use this lost (?) Travel. The struts would work for the Exciter, Phazer II’s or any Yamaha that had enough clearance for the longer Strut covers. They will work much better on the lighter weight sleds opposed to the Vmax 5-600 ! All the T.S.S.'s I've seen were the same diameter with different lenghts ! I’m not sure how long and what the diameter the struts were on the Vmax4 and if those will work ? I'm thinking the early 92-94 V4's may of had shorter struts than the 95-97's but not sure ?

Yamaha had a T.S.S. GYT Kit for the Vmax 5&600 that had adjustable damping along with adjustable preload. Yamaha part # SMA-8CA91-10-00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/O-E-M-Yamaha-Adj-front-strut-kit-V-Max_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ100462QQitemZ4600300876QQrdZ1

You could try Carver performance, Reichards performance or Bender Racing they were all around with the T.S.S.

I don’t know how much travel the Ohlins had ? http://ohlins.com/sm_28d.shtml

The Picture below shows the difference between a standard PhazerII/Exciter and my Exciter XT !

Attachments

• TSS2.jpg
    TSS2.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 79
  • TSS.jpg
    TSS.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Exciter XT vs. Phazer.jpg
    Exciter XT vs. Phazer.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Back