1992 Vmax4 long track! Mint!

Machzjosh

975 original miles. Always garage kept. I have never seen a 1992 long track or heard of one. Extremely rare! It does NOT get any nicer than this machine here. All original and flawless. Please contact me for more pictures, information, or videos. Asking 6,000. Might be flexible on the price.

I have no idea how to add photos here. I have them listed on snowmobile trader and I have pics of my own obviously if anyone would rather text.

You're asking about twice (maybe more) as much as people will pay for your sleds here in the midwest where there are many people who would acutually want them. Denver? I don't know that market at all but I can't imagine Vmax-4's bring more there than here.

Not trying to be a negative dick. Just realistic. I would love a real nice clean original 92 but I just picked up a real clean 1200 mile all stock 95 for $1500. I think you will have a very hard time selling at the prices you are asking.

Sorry, opsled

That's just it, I don't know what the market is for this (and my other) sled. I need to see where offers come in at. You're not being a dick by any means. The market in Denver is complete crap. It's sad to be honest. (The sleds out here are beat on so bad!) I just don't want to see these get parted out. Nothing bothers me more than that.

I do know that for 1500 each. Nah, I'll let them collect dust in the shop for that. Just saying.

From your description I would not be selling them at $1500 either. You're asking for 10K for the pair. I don't think that will happen for many years (could be wrong though). If they are as nice as you say I could see a total of 4 to 6 K for them if sold separately. I would really like to se some pics. 92's are my favorite.

Around here buying a Vmax 4 isn't hard. Buying them cheap isn't all that hard either. Finding NICE original, unmolested, stock sleds IS VERY hard. They do bring more $ if stock and nice but the 95 800 seems to bring the most $. 92's seem to be next in line for desirability. 97's are completely different in gauging value so I don't include them.

I just passed on a 2500 mile 93 for $650. Price was cheap and it ran and drove good but it was VERY filthy/corroded, seat was junk, hood was broke, left front strut mount was bent along with other damage from an impact. Other 750's are not selling at $1500 or less but they are not that nice and have been modified.

Good Luck, opsled

Where about are you located? State? Did you look at the ads I have on snowmobile trader by chance? I wasn't able to get pics up today on here unfortunately. Also, I have 2 YouTube videos up showing the sleds all around.

That's what I mean. Neither have I. I grew up in northern Maine (Aroostook county) and these sleds were very few and far between. I can't find one thing wrong with it. It's all original, a complete stunner! I know I'm asking a lot. But, delivery is included and to the right person, it's worth every penny. 5500 is NOT firm whatsoever.

Here is a little fyi for you. The 1992 and for that matter the 1993 Vmax4 long track did not come from the factory like that. They were the result of a Yamaha GYT kit thet was offered and installed by dealers. Still a rare item , there are a few of them out there.
I recollect the kit came with tunnel extension, rear cooler, suspension rails,136 track and a few other parts

Last edited:
That's exactly what I thought! Not factory... but an add-on from the dealer. The suspension rails were actually extended, not replaced. Pretty ingenious how it was done. Also, larger springs we're intalled on front and rear suspensions

I have one. It was also extended rails with factory added tunnel extension. It came from out west somewhere. Was beat and blown up. Sold the tunnel/rail extensions here years ago. Still have most of the rest of the sled.

They look cool as hell. I have seen them before in adds from western states but they are few and far between.

Got any links to pics/adds? I'm in SE WI. Between Chicago and Milwaukee. Always been big spenders around these parts so There were many Vmax-4 sold around here. I know they are much harder to find in other areas.

opsled

Ahh ok cool! The ads for both sleds are on snowmobiletrader.com just search Yamaha Vmax, the videos are on the pages as well.

Last edited:
Ya, the standard sled has some dents on the cans but that's really about it. I did have to do a very minor seat repair (near the rear pouch, very common) but came out very well. There is one thing on it that I have not mentioned. The infamous gas cap problem. If I need to buy a new gas tank to sell it I will. The long track is flawless through and through. I will take any offers for one or both as a package deal.

Gas tanks are easy. 92 through 97 TSS Vmax gas tanks (500, 600, 750, 800) all work on a 92 or 93 Vmax-4.

92-93 Vmax-4 gas tanks will not work on 94 and up TSS Vmax sleds.

In 94 they added an extra support across the tunnel under the gas tank. 94 and up tanks have a notch in the bottom to clear the support. 92/93 tanks don't have that notch.

500/600 tanks are plentiful, fit perfect and cheap.

Strutt cans are 92 Vmax-4 only. 93's and up are different. Good ones aren't to hard to find. Reproduction decals can be bought. It still shows that the cans are available through Yamaha but they are $173 each without decal.

opsled

Last edited:
Yup, I found a few of them. Crossed part numbers to make sure. Actually found a brand new oem one on eBay. $300 though.

Back