1994 600?

lance0730

the guy i bought my 96MM 800 from (great sled!) has a 1994 Vmax 600
with a whopping 1200 original miles on it.. its looks brand new/showroom.

I am considering purchasing it he only wants 1200.00 for it.. what mods can be installed to make it faster than 90MPH?

piped

Just to keep you aware that if you put twin pipes on that '94 600 be sure to update to a '95 flywheel because the '95 is set up to run a higher rpm for the twin pipes. If you don't update you could run into a very bad harmonic balance and destroy clutches and pistons in a matter of 200 miles no joke been there done that.

A few years ago, right before I got my Vmax4, I owned a 94 600 max. It had Bender twins on it. Fast as lightning, Till it seezed up going 70. Was jetted WAY to lean, But I didn't know about that stuff then. Literally GAVE the pipes away when some guy asked for them. He got the carbs too. Later, he gave me $60 for the pipes and carbs. Sometimes I wish I had not done that.

Ohh if I only had a nickle for everything I`ve let slip away for little or nothing..

looking back..I could kick myself in the ace for some of the what nots I`ve parted with, only to regret it BIG TIME..

AL

Set it up right, watch your plugs, you'll be fine. I've been running GYT twins on my '95 600 for a few seasons, no issues. Great pipes, sled ran right with a Rev 600 HO last season.

Back